Who We Are:
At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2022 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What We Do:
Calm is a leading brand in the mental wellness space, offering an app-based SaaS solution to both B2C and B2B customers across the globe. Providing life-changing audio and video content that truly helps people build a habit around mental wellness, furthering our mission to make the world happier and healthier. Calm Finance supports this growth across Accounting, Revenue, Tax, SEC/SOX, FP&A and IR, ensuring operations scale efficiently and effectively.
What You’ll Do:
Our ideal candidate is a hands-on FP&A professional who embraces ambiguity and can work autonomously to solve problems. You will play a critical role in building a world-class FP&A function while partnering with accounting, legal, budget owners, management, operations, and all employees across the Calm. This role ensures our procurement, hiring, and revenue reporting processes are smoothly incorporated into our forecast, while implementing process and process improvements with an emphasis on automation at scale.
We are looking for the right candidate that’s passionate about finance operations and thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced, and feedback-driven environment. You're highly self-motivated, have a stellar work ethic and you're looking for the right company to support your growth. If this is you, we’d love to meet you!
- Lead financial support and reporting of the B2C product P&L
- Forecast topline bookings for B2C and Partnerships business accurately
- Work closely with Growth Marketing on alignment on projections and variances
- Work closely with the Data team on iterating attributed cohort forecasting models
- Partner with People and Talent teams to track open roles, ensuring forecast accuracy
- Partner with Legal and Ops to ensure new contracts are reflected in the forecast
- Support monthly FP&A Syncs, ensuring expense estimates are up to date
- Partner with Budget Owners on on-going and ad-hoc reporting and decision support
- Coordinate with Accounting ensuring accuracy and complete monthly financials
- Own new controls, like a purchase request process, to monitor incremental spending
- Consolidate metrics from each team to drive top-line forecast and cost allocations
- Build out Adaptive planning model to ensure Finance scales with the organization
- Prepare various deliverables for Board of Directors
- Forecast GAAP and Non-GAAP financial statements
- Monitor industry and competitor financial performance, informing long term targets
- Understand and evolve reporting of KPIs for B2C business models
- Provide support on recurring and ad hoc reporting requests from investors
- Support quarterly rolling forecasts, annual and long-range planning processes
- Perform detailed variance analysis, highlighting trends and business drivers
- Serve to improve and simplify processes with scalable solutions
- Develop and optimize workflows that consolidate large complex data sets
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, and collaboration across multiple groups
- Develop monthly reporting dashboards for distribution to the Management team
- Serve as a positive role model representing the Finance/Ops team
Who You Are:
- Minimum 6 years of experience in FP&A with a strong understanding of accounting
- Experience managing, integrating, and building models in Workday Adaptive Insights
- Experience with B2C, Subscription, and metrics such as ROAS, LTV, CAC, Churn, CPP, ASP, Retention, etc. in order to influence decision making
- Experience working with Apple, Google, Stripe, PayPal data
- Experience in private and public companies monthly/quarterly reporting processes
- Ability to lead the corporate function more broadly as we grow
- Can-do attitude and effective communication skills with an apt for building strong working relationships across the company and a strong desire to drive change
- Self-driven and proactive to follow up on all open items while moving multiple projects forward, meeting deadlines with time constraints
- Ability to deeply examine data to solve complex problems
- Ability to distill complex thoughts and strategies into simple and impactful recommendations to influence senior stakeholders and business partners
- An analytical mindset able to handle and prioritize multiple data sets and tasks
- An active listener who is a thoughtful and respectful partner and teammate
- Builder at heart and thrives in a fast-paced and evolving environment
- Commitment to process improvement and the ability to think “out of the box”
- Advanced understanding of GAAP reporting standards
- Adaptive, advanced Excel, GSuite, Tableau, SQL, NetSuite, Amplitude preferred
- Passion for what we do!
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.