Who We Are:
At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2022 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What We Do:
We build Calm’s product, guide Calm’s analysis, secure Calm’s data, and operate the platforms that underpin it all. We’re product-minded, team-oriented, and grounded in the mission of making the world a happier and healthier place. We work closely with every part of Calm from Legal to Customer Experience, and partner on every initiative from content launches to B2B.
We are highly collaborative and focused on building scalable and foundational services for other engineering teams. Our team provides the services and systems that power a global distribution of content from Calm’s many content partners and producers. You will be responsible for owning, maintaining, and scaling Calm’s distributed backend infrastructure.
What You’ll Do:
You will be a part of Calm’s core infrastructure team, and help guide efforts across engineering to build a scalable, reliable platform that millions around the world depend on.
- Systems performance tuning with a focus on high availability and scalability
- Application and infrastructure monitoring and troubleshooting
- Assist engineering team with debugging issues
- Assist engineering team with accelerating processes through automation
- Ensure we are up to date on the latest patches, security issues through automation and building security into our SDLC processes
- Accelerate code velocity and improve process for engineering to improve ship time
- Continually improve reliability of systems
- Championing the concepts of immutable containers, Infrastructure as Code, stateless applications, and software observability throughout the organization
Please note: This role requires that you are located in the United States.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years experience in DevOps
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- Familiar with
- AWS or GCP (Prefer AWS)
- Advanced networking concepts
- Cloud architecture
- Advanced networking concepts and design
- Jenkins or GitHub Actions
- GCP Identity Access Management (IAM) and Identity Aware Proxy (IAP)
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.