Who We Are:
At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2022 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What We Do:
Calm is the world’s #1 brand for mental fitness and our Calm Health team is furthering our mission to make the world happier and healthier by bringing our offering into the employee benefits space. Calm Health is helping companies build a more resilient organization by promoting better sleep, reducing stress and anxiety, and developing consistent mindfulness practices. We offer accessible and effective content to meet the needs of any diverse workforce. With our proven launch strategy and marketing resources, plus ongoing engagement programs and account support, we take the stress out of employee benefits.
What You’ll Do:
As a Manager of Sales Development, you will function as a player-coach on our stellar outbound team. Your job is to lead a team of sales reps who are responsible for creating qualified opportunities for the sales team, train other members of the team, and take on operational and administrative tasks to help the team perform and exceed expectations. You will be a source of knowledge and best practices amongst the ADRs, and will help to hire, train, onboard, and mentor new reps. This person will be very commercially-inclined and will foster appropriate levels of persistence and professionalism. They will be fluent in Outreach.io with a specialization in personalized cadence and content creation. Top candidates will come from inbound and outbound programs where they have seen rapid growth and scale, and are willing to get their hands very dirty in our early days of building.
- Build and consistently iterate on, Calm brand-appropriate outbound sequences and templates in Outreach.io
- Help hire a team against a staffing roadmap and inspire individuals to overachieve
- Train and a coach the team so they can improve their skills and and move forward with their sales careers
- Proactively identify opportunities for process improvement
- Establish and track goals, objectives and performance metrics with members of your team and perform regular reviews
- Identify and resolve process bottlenecks, data issues and inconsistencies in program applications or outcomes
- Anticipate challenges and scale processes, technology and team to support the growth of pipeline over time
- Be able to take ideas, test them against data, turn them into action with the proper key metrics and track the success of projects and system improvements
- Be willing to roll up your sleeves and do anything that you would ask one of your team members to do
- Be proactive in celebrating the wins and providing feedback!
Who You Are:
- Able to manage a team of outbound account development professionals
- Ability to use sales automation and prospecting tools to accurately capture activity and information on opportunities
- Results-oriented with an ability to lead and drive process change
- Ability to collaborate with different individuals across the organization and a “roll-up the sleeves” approach to accomplish all necessary tasks
- A self-starter with excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail
- “Get it done now” attitude
- Expert-level knowledge of Outreach.io or similar systems
- Has 3+ years of sales development management experience
- Is results-driven
- Will thrive in a rapidly changing environment and will enjoy getting hands dirty
- Will hire well, coach well, and hold team members to high standards of professionalism and outputs
- Has strong organizational, project management, and analytic skills
- Is deeply familiar with systems like Outreach.io, Salesforce, and ZoomInfo
- Has a bachelor’s degree
- Has early-stage experience in a fast past, high growth company
- Familiarity with Hubspot and Salesforce
- Familiarity with ABM software (Terminus, Demandbase, etc)
- Familiarity with data tools (Mode, Tableau)
- Fluent in another language (Spanish, German, Portuguese, French, etc.)
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.