Who We Are:
At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2021 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
Calm is the world’s #1 brand for mental fitness and our B2B team is furthering our mission to make the world happier and healthier by bringing our offering into the employee benefits space. Calm for Business is helping companies build a more resilient organization by promoting better sleep, reducing stress and anxiety, and developing consistent mindfulness practices. We offer accessible and effective content to meet the needs of any diverse workforce. With our proven launch strategy and marketing resources, plus ongoing engagement programs and account support, we take the stress out of employee benefits.
What You’ll Do:
Calm’s Mid-Market Account Executive team is on a mission to improve employee wellness by partnering with mid-sized employers to bring Calm to their workforce. This segment contributes greatly to over-all revenue generation by managing a complex deal cycle and successfully closing business. As the Mid-Market Sales Manager, you would lead a team of Mid-Market Account Executives to exceed quarterly and annual sales goals, while motivating and guiding the team to success. This person will be responsible for hiring, developing and coaching Mid-Market sales professionals. Furthermore, you would work closely with sales leadership to optimize our sales strategy and help make Mid-Market sales a significant driver toward our ramp to a $100 million in annual recurring revenue.
The ideal candidate is an experienced sales leader who can thoughtfully lead, develop and coach a team of new business account executives while driving excellence in pipeline management in the HR and benefits departments. With 3+ years of quota-carrying sales leadership experience, a successful candidate must be able to inspire their team to be the best they can be, both personally and professionally.
- Lead & inspire a team to exceed aggressive sales targets
- Collaboratively contribute to overall sales leadership & strategies across all segments
- Provide strong leadership to team while motivating the entire Mid-Market team in all aspects of the sales process
- Optimize and improve sales motions in the Mid-Market space, leveraging data to drive decisions
- Contribute to the Calm for Business’s product roadmap, specifically helping to productize solutions for our B2B customers and partners
- Create and enhance outbound activities to drive pipeline growth
- Actively prioritize new and existing leads flow through creative follow-up communications designed to increase customer interest
- Identify and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) to ensure consistent success across all members of the team.
- Reinforce consistent usage & adoptions of sales productivity tools such as SFDC and Gong.
- Provide a feedback loop for market intelligence and competitive information
- Foster a customer centric, consultative approach with our customers to ensure a best-in-class experience from start to finish
- Collaborate in a fast-paced environment with multiple internal and external teams
Who You Are:
- 2+ years of quota-carrying sales leadership experience selling a B2B product
- Strong history of people management and proclivity toward collaborative team leadership
- Ability to work within a fast paced hyper-growth, remote startup environment
- Team focused and results driven
- Startup and lean sales model experience
- Intellectually curious and highly collaborative
- Problem solver and intelligent risk taker
- Managing stake-holder buy-in and cross-functional collaboration
- Strong communicator with solid business acumen
- Proactive. Will follow up when things don’t get resolved
- Enthusiastic and passionate about people, teams and company
- Inspirational coach, mentor and leader
- Hyper-focused on client success and engagement
- Team player that is able to work with lots of people in different regions
Nice to Haves:
- Passion for selling wellness, meditation and health resources
- Prior success in selling into HR and Benefits teams
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.