Who We Are:
At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2021 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
Calm is the world’s #1 brand for mental fitness and our B2B team is furthering our mission to make the world happier and healthier by bringing our offering into the employee benefits space. Calm for Business is helping companies build a more resilient organization by promoting better sleep, reducing stress and anxiety, and developing consistent mindfulness practices. We offer accessible and effective content to meet the needs of any diverse workforce. With our proven launch strategy and marketing resources, plus ongoing engagement programs and account support, we take the stress out of employee benefits.
What You’ll Do:
To improve employee wellness by facilitating sales of Calm to enterprise and jumbo companies with a focus on companies 5,000+ employees in size. To join the collaborative effort internally to make enterprise and jumbo sales a crucial growth driver for Calm. The Enterprise sales director will lead this segment and manage the team of enterprise market sales executives to exceed quarterly and annual sales goals as well as to motivate and guide the team to success. This person will be responsible for hiring and coaching enterprise sales professionals, constantly measuring against targets, working closely with the rest of sales leadership to optimize and refine our enterprise sales motion and strategy and help make enterprise sales a significant driver toward our ramp to a $100 million in annual recurring revenue from employer sales.
- Manage and lead the team to exceed aggressive sales targets
- Contribute to overall sales leadership collaboratively as a compliment to all sales segments
- Inspire and provide strong leadership to the team to ensure motivation among the entire enterprise team through all aspects of the sales process
- Optimize sales motion for enterprise employer sales to improve efficiency and win rates
- Manage and own enterprise sales flow
- Identify customer needs through dialogue with prospects
- Work closely with sales leadership to optimize deal flow for 5,000+ employee sized companies in the enterprise and jumbo space
- Build relationships with key employer stakeholders to move deals through stages to close, including people ops and benefits leaders as well as senior executive leaders
- Work with sales leadership to identify key verticals where PMF meets Calm’s value proposition and sell strategically into those verticals
- Contribute to the Calm Enterprise and jumbo (iOS, Android, web) product roadmap
- Respond to inbound interest regarding Calm and how we can help them improve wellness and improve productivity
- Maintain active engagement with new and existing leads through creative follow-up communications designed to increase customer interest
- Track all customer details including use case, purchase time frames, next steps, and forecasting in Salesforce
- Identify and close quick, small wins while managing longer, complex sales cycles
- Collect market intelligence and competitive information
- Craft a phenomenal first impression to our prospects and customers by providing them with a best-in-class experience and pleasant encounter with customer service
- Achieve quotas of sourced qualified opportunities and closed business
- Co-sell some deals with account executives and sales leadership
- Prioritize opportunities and apply appropriate resources
- Collaborate in a fast-paced environment with multiple teams
Who You Are:
- 7+ years of enterprise sales experience
- 5+ years of sales management experience
- Strong history of people management and proclivity toward collaborative team leadership
- Ability to work within a fast-paced hyper-growth startup environment
- Customer Focused
- Experience selling benefits
- Startup and lean sales model experience
- Drive for Results
- Intellectual Horsepower
- Problem Solving
- Managing stake-holder buy / Directing others
- Business Acumen Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- Extremely strong attention to detail
- Proactive. Will follow up when things don’t get resolved
- Enthusiasm and passion for quality
- Dogged focus on client adoption and success
- Team player has to be able to work with lots of people and be patient
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.