Who We Are:
At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2021 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What We Do:
Calm’s marketing team is working to lead the conversation around mental health and mindfulness. We’re curious about our consumers, their challenges, and how Calm can be a true tool for change. We are a highly cross-functional and collaborative team, developing work that sparks a cultural dialog, expands what Calm is in the minds of consumers, and makes meaningful connections to the brand across the globe.
What You’ll Do:
The Senior Manager, Social & Editorial - International Strategy reports into the Director, Social & Editorial. This role is responsible for developing Calm’s social and editorial presence in ex-US markets, which entails, among other responsibilities: successfully tailoring the global strategy for various global audiences, hiring and managing agencies and contractors in priority markets, and activating local initiatives for specific regions. A successful candidate for this role will be a seasoned social media executive with experience overseeing the development and execution of social and editorial strategies outside of the United States. The Senior Manager of International will understand how to both integrate into the community while at the same time drawing insights and strategic decisions from its members. Candidates should thrive on cross-functional partnership, be comfortable overseeing creative resources and partners in multiple regions, and, most importantly, possess a deep passion for the mental health and wellness space. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing Calm’s social and editorial presence in ex-US markets
- Successfully tailoring the global strategy for various global audiences
- Hiring and managing agencies and contractors in priority markets
- Activating local initiatives for specific regions
- Determining the division of resources between regions based on various data sources and inputs
- In partnership with the Director of Social & Editorial, guiding the org structure of international full time employees
Who You Are:
- 7+ years of experience in social media, digital marketing, journalism/editorial, or another relevant field in at least one market outside of the United States
- Comprehensive understanding of and fluency in all relevant social media platforms, as well as accordant social-related tools
- Deep knowledge of and interest in how social media behavior and trends vary from one international market to another
- Demonstrated ability to identify and manage diverse networks of contractors, freelancers, and agency partners in multiple markets
- Experience working with talent and influencers and managing influencer-based campaigns
- Exceptional cross-functionally collaboration skills
- Experience interpreting and reacting to digital/social analytics
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Confident when it comes to taking risks, trying new things, and learning from failure
- A genuine and authentic passion for supporting mental health and wellness practice
- Fluency in at least one language other than English
- Competency in any photo and/or video editing programs
- Knowledge of paid social platforms
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.