Who We Are:
At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2021 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What We Do:
Calm’s marketing team is working to lead the conversation around mental health and mindfulness. We’re curious about our consumers, their challenges, and how Calm can be a true tool for change. We are a highly cross-functional and collaborative team, developing work that sparks a cultural dialog, expands what Calm is in the minds of consumers, and makes meaningful connections to the brand across the globe.
What You’ll Do:
Calm Sr. Social Media Managers report into the Director of Social Media. A successful candidate for this role will be a seasoned social media executive who is deeply familiar with all relevant platforms and their best practices while at the same time deeply engaged with and passionate about the mental health and wellness space. A Calm Social Media Senior Manager understands how to both integrate into the community while at the same time drawing insights and strategic decisions from its members. The person in this role will work alongside their team members to maintain editorial oversight of video content published across Calm’s official social channels ; develop real time and long term reporting and pivot tactics according to findings; and manage a network of creative and strategic partners (including freelancers, contractors, and agencies). Calm Social Media Senior Managers align closely with cross-functional partners from the Marketing, Communications, Content, Partnerships, and other organizations to produce best-in-class campaigns and initiatives.
- Develop, produce and publish best-in-class editorial video content that aligns with Calm’s overarching social strategy
- Be the steward of Calm’s voice and identity across relevant video-based platforms
- Align closely with the Calm web team to develop an ecosystem to promote Calm’s original digital editorial content
- Collaborate with the rest of the Marketing and Content orgs to launch brand and content campaigns and initiatives
- Work closely with Calm’s Partnerships team to identify meaningful external partnership opportunities and produce best-in-class social strategies to accompany them
- Develop and resource for a robust social video reporting strategy and be prepared to pivot their team quickly based on new findings and data trends, as well as learnings and insights drawn from robust community management and engagement
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of experience in social media, digital marketing, journalism/editorial, or another relevant field
- Comprehensive understanding of and fluency in video-based social media platforms, features, and formats, specifically TikTok, YouTube, and Instagram Reels
- Experience planning and executing campaign shoots and/or editorial video productions
- Demonstrated ability to identify and manage diverse networks of contractors, freelancers, and agency partners
- Exceptional cross-functionally collaboration skills
- Fluency in interpreting and reacting to digital/social analytics
- Impeccable copywriting and copy editing abilities
- Confident when it comes to taking risks, trying new things, and learning from failure
- A genuine and authentic passion for supporting mental health and wellness practices
- Meaningful experience working with high profile talent
- Competency in any photo and/or video editing programs
- Knowledge of paid social platforms
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.