Who We Are:
At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2021 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What We Do:
Calm’s marketing team is working to lead the conversation around mental health and mindfulness. We’re curious about our consumers, their challenges, and how Calm can be a true tool for change. We are a highly cross-functional and collaborative team, developing work that sparks a cultural dialog, expands what Calm is in the minds of consumers, and makes meaningful connections to the brand across the globe.
What You’ll Do:
As the B2B PR Sr Manager, you’ll drive the PR strategy for our rapidly growing enterprise arm -- Calm for Business. In this highly collaborative role, you’ll work closely with editorial, science, content, account management, and the broader PR team to ensure broad employer awareness of Calm for Business. You will develop programs to highlight Calm for Business customers and platforms, culminating in positive earned media.
The candidate has a strong work ethic, with a proven track record of enterprise focused media contacts. They have a passion for media relations from developing the pitch to securing the piece, and everything in between. They are proactive and resourceful by nature, willing to work across teams to shape our external Calm for Business narrative.
- Drive Calm for Business PR strategy in the US, with opportunity to scale globally
- Develop programs to highlight Calm for Business positioning, platform and customers
- Elevate Calm for Business executives through proactive thought leadership including: bylines, award submissions, conferences and speaking engagements
- Build and maintain strong relationships with relevant media
- Manage inbound corporate media requests
- Mine with partners for cohesive content and storytelling opportunities
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to drive successful launches
Who You Are:
- 7+ years experience with a focus on corporate and enterprise communications
- Expertise in media relations and close relationships with enterprise media
- Strong written communications with extremely strong attention to detail. You’re an excellent communicator and storyteller.
- Perspective ability, able to provide recommendations with supporting rationale to drive internal alignment
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams and a variety of external partners
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.