Who We Are:
At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2021 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What We Do:
Calm’s marketing team is working to lead the conversation around mental health and mindfulness. We’re curious about our consumers, their challenges, and how Calm can be a true tool for change. We are a highly cross-functional and collaborative team, developing work that sparks a cultural dialog, expands what Calm is in the minds of consumers, and makes meaningful connections to the brand across the globe.
What You’ll Do:
The Sr. Talent Editorial Manager reports into the Director of Editorial & Social. A successful candidate will be entrepreneurial, curious, deeply collaborative, data driven, creative and a business leader who is passionate about the mental health and wellness spaces. This candidate’s expertise sits at the intersection of talent relations expertise and marketing acumen. In this role, core responsibilities will include (but not be limited to): holistically integrating Calm’s talent into the brand’s editorial presence; developing best-in-class social and editorial strategies for Calm talent platforms; developing and nurturing meaningful relationships with prospective relevant talent and their representation; developing creative formats that showcase talent; identifying new digital platforms and opportunities that are meaningful to talent; advising their counterparts throughout Marketing and Communications on talent engagements and activations; developing innovative approaches to promotion of Calm’s music initiative; and more.
- Develop and execute an overarching social media and editorial strategy for Calm’s current and prospective talent resulting in meaningful, ongoing relationships between Calm’s brand channels and those of our talent
- Grow the size and engagement of both Calm and Calm talent social platforms through ongoing cross-functional editorial efforts
- Leveraging our current and prospective talent, identify and recruit a diverse network of Calm personalities that serve as the collective “face” of the brand (in close partnership always with our Content team)
- Establish an overarching editorial approach and set of best practices for ongoing talent-centric business initiatives (specifically our Music offering)
- Collaborate with the colleagues from throughout the marketing org and content org to optimize talent participation on Calm campaigns and initiatives
- Develop a robust social reporting strategy reflective of our talent efforts and be prepared to pivot their strategy quickly based on new findings and data trends
Who You Are:
- 7+ years of relevant experience in positions that bridge the gap between talent relations and digital media (marketing campaigns, social media management for celebrities or brands that work with celebrities, talent booking, agency roles focused on talent-based content, etc.)
- Deep and demonstrated experience developing editorial/audience strategies for talent
- Established relationships with talent representation
- Exceptional ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Fluency in interpreting and reacting to digital/social analytics
- Experience developing and managing diverse networks of creative resources, including agencies and freelancers
- Established relationships with social media platforms and traditional media outlets
- You are familiar with the business terms that form the structure of talent deals and have meaningful contacts within the entertainment industry.
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.