Who We Are:
At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2021 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What We Do:
Calm is a leading brand in the mental wellness space, offering an app-based SaaS solution to both B2C and B2B customers across the globe. Providing life-changing audio and video content that truly helps people build a habit around mental wellness, furthering our mission to make the world happier and healthier. Calm Finance supports this growth across Accounting, Revenue, Tax, SEC/SOX, FP&A and IR, ensuring operations scale efficiently and effectively.
What You’ll Do:
Calm's FP&A Team is looking for a highly motivated individual to join and support our fast growing finance team. You will play a critical role in building a world-class FP&A function while partnering with accounting, legal, budget owners, management, operations, and all employees across the Calm. The successful candidate will be a committed and dedicated team player with excellent business partnering and modelling skills, a positive can-do attitude and the desire to quickly learn and improve in a fast paced environment.
You're highly self-motivated, have a stellar work ethic and you're looking for the right company to support your growth. If this is you, we’d love to meet you!
- Develop, maintain and update FP&A forecasting models
- Support monthly FP&A Syncs, ensuring estimates are reflective of most recent activity
- Partner with Budget Owners with on-going and ad-hoc reporting and decision support
- Coordinate with Accounting ensuring accuracy and completeness of monthly financials
- Drive new controls, like a purchase request process, to monitor incremental spending
- Consolidate metrics from each team to drive top-line forecast and cost allocations
- Help in building out Adaptive planning model to ensure Finance scales with organizations growth
- Help in forecasting GAAP and Non-GAAP financial statements
- Understand and evolve reporting of KPIs for B2C and B2B subscription business models
- Support quarterly rolling forecasts, annual and long-range planning processes
- Perform detailed variance analysis, highlighting trends and business drivers
- Serve as a thought leader to improve and simplify processes, building scalable solutions
- Develop and optimize workflows that consolidate large complex data sets
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, and collaboration across multiple groups
- Serve as a positive role model representing the Finance/Ops team at Calm
Who You Are:
- Minimum 3 years of Big4 experience or progressive experience in FP&A in SaaS or Tech companies with a strong understanding of accounting
- Strong knowledge of financial planning and forecasting, financial accounting concepts and business process best practices
- Must have experience working in Workday Adaptive Planning (Adaptive Insights), building OfficeConnect reports and Adaptive reports, doing both manual and automated integrations
- Can-do attitude and effective communication skills with an apt for building strong working relationships across the company and a strong desire to drive change
- Self-driven and proactive to follow up on all open items while moving multiple projects forward and meet time constraints
- Ability to deeply analyze data to solve complex problems
- An analytical mindset with comfort on prioritizing multiple tasks
- Builder at heart and thrives in a fast-paced and evolving environment
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in accounting/finance or related field
- Advanced Excel, GDoc, NetSuite, experience is preferred
- Passion for what we do!
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.