Who We Are:
At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2021 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What We Do:
At Calm, we are redefining mental health. By pairing our world-class digital tools with personalized, evidence-based human care — we can truly meet people where they are in their mental health journey.
Leveraging Calm’s global platform, our vision is to bring human-centered, stigma-free mental health support to millions around the world. We are looking for passionate, mission-driven people to join us in this effort.
What You'll Do:
We’re looking for an experienced, data-driven Director of Operations to help us drive operational excellence across our virtual mental health platform.
As the operational lead of this important initiative, you will be responsible for designing and scaling tech-enabled systems that will enable our team of providers to do their best work and deliver the highest-quality care possible.
The Director of Operations is responsible for defining our vision for operational excellence, establishing and driving success metrics, and leading a team of managers to create a delightful, streamlined provider experience. They will also partner with our Clinical Director to develop resources, tools, and infrastructure to enable our providers to deliver the highest quality care.
- Operational leadership: You will define and own the end-to-end provider experience. In partnership with clinical and product leads, you will develop and scale an innovative care delivery model that both delights members and improves health outcomes.
- Scalable systems: You will partner with clinical and HR leadership to design and implement a scalable staffing model that ensures same-day provider availability for our members.
- Data-driven outcomes: You will conduct analyses to identify opportunities to improve our provider experience, streamline our end-to-end operations, and measure our performance against our success metrics.
- Team building: You will build a world-class team of operations managers who will work shoulder-to-shoulder with our team of provider leads / managers.
- Cross-functional collaboration: You will partner with leaders across clinical, product, and sales to develop a B2B offering that drives outsized value for employers and their employees.
Who You Are:
- Mission-driven: You are passionate about building scalable products that improve the lives of others
- Operational leadership: You have 8+ years of operational leadership experience and 5+ years of management experience
- Proven track record: You have experience designing and scaling tech-enabled human services, ideally in the digital health space
- Systems thinker: You have the ability to transform complex human processes into repeatable, scalable systems
- Entrepreneurial: You thrive in fast-paced, dynamic work environments and are comfortable moving seamlessly between high-level strategy and in-the-weeds execution
- Business acumen: You understand the needs of our business and use them to inform our operational priorities
- Open-minded: You love learning and are open to differing opinions and approaches
- Competitive salary and equity
- Unlimited PTO
- We pay your medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums
- Commuter benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Apple equipment
- Opportunity to work with a product focused on making the world happier and healthier
- And much more!
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.