Who We Are:
At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2021 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What We Do:
Calm’s marketing team is working to lead the conversation around mental health and mindfulness. We’re curious about our consumers, their challenges, and how Calm can be a true tool for change. We are a highly cross-functional and collaborative team, developing work that sparks a cultural dialog, expands what Calm is in the minds of consumers, and makes meaningful connections to the brand across the globe.
What You’ll Do:
As the Director of Media Strategy at Calm, you will play a key role in establishing the media strategy from a D2C and B2B perspective. You will lead media buying, strategy and planning for all brand and content marketing initiatives. You will also manage the B2B buying channels and strategy. The ideal candidate is someone who embodies Calm’s culture and can contribute to the brand strategy, build and manage agency relationships. The role sits within Marketing but will be a critical partner for content, and B2B.
- Develop media strategies and communication plans that support business objectives
- Oversee coordination of the entire media investment
- Influence and inform business decision making, based on media and industry expertise, to deliver on business goals
- Leverage media planning tools and advanced analytics to implement optimization strategies across media investments
- Accountable for media campaign management, budgeting, organization, and prioritization
- Lead and manage agency partners and vendors
Who You Are:
- 10 years+ experience working in media planning, buying and management
- Brand management experience and cross functional work
- Expert command of media research resources, capabilities and limitations
- Exemplify collaboration by building and maintaining productive relationships across all communications areas (internal teams and agency partners).
- Ability to think beyond “media” and utilize consumer insights and research to creatively bring our brand to life and drive consumer growth and engagement
- D2C and B2B experience preferred
- Agency background in media planning and management plus corporate/client side experience preferred
- Working knowledge of local media and strong understanding of digital acquisition
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.