Who We Are:
At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2021 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What We Do:
The Core Operations team creates value by enabling other teams to work more effectively. We act as trusted partners to all teams, leveraging data to drive continuous improvement and efficiency on all fronts. We highly value collaboration, learning, resilience, and curiosity!
What You’ll Do:
You will identify high-effort internal processes and build solutions that are reliable, scalable, right-sized for the size and stage of Calm. You listen to and translate stakeholder needs into high-level technical specifications, design and develop recommended systems, and collaborate with operating leads to ensure smooth implementation. You help the team work faster and more efficiently. You’ll partner with an IT Systems Engineer to bring solutions to life. You are comfortable with ambiguity and ambitious targets and have managerial courage.
- Actively seek out opportunities to improve the way we work by listening, observing, and participating in work across the organization
- Act as a business partner to fully understand business, processes, challenges, gaps and areas where system solutions or business processes would improve and enhance performance and productivity
- Define the scope and objective of problems, identify and document requirements, lead change management and implementation
- Foster a culture of data-driven program management, product and process excellence, and exceptional execution
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously under tight deadlines
- Participate in efforts to promote project management best practices throughout the company
- Communicate effectively to stakeholders and executive sponsors when there are project risks
Who You Are:
- Has 10 or more years experience in a functional role preferably in a SaaS business operations
- Strong leadership skills: Resilience, sense of urgency, calm under pressure, persistence, influencing skills, interpersonal skills, ownership/accountability, managerial courage
- Excellent written and oral business communication and people skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong presentation & influencing skills (GSuite)
- Project Management
- Strong experience planning for and managing large-scale, complex technical projects and coordinating cross functional project members to deliver quality results on time
- Skilled in identifying dependencies, requirements gathering, planning, and execution of strategic programs
- Excellent project management skills and project management methodology
- Prioritization & Stakeholder Management
- Ability to manage time and priorities effectively in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous startup environment
- Ability to work with multiple business stakeholders, effectively manage their expectations and establish priorities
- Skilled in managing deadlines, communication of timelines, assessment of resources, organizational skills
- Data Analysis & Business Case Development
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses
- Strong analytical capabilities and ability to visualize and manipulate data, experience with Tableau/Amplitude/MODE, or similar tools
- Technical business system analyst skills including requirements documentation, use case definition, testing methodologies, problem solving
- High growth experience
- PMP Certification
- Knowledge and familiarity with Agile
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.