Who We Are:
At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2021 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What We Do:
To be the technical leader on a world-class Security & Compliance engineering team who work across the Calm organization to define, coordinate, and implement Calm’s security and compliance strategy to support Calm’s product today and accelerate the speed that we build Calm’s tomorrow. You’ll be involved from company strategy to implementing, scaling, and maintaining toolsets. You have a background in security and understand security is both a marathon, not a sprint, and a business enabler, not a blocker. We want you to bring your technical mindset with you, as you mentor early career engineers and support their development and guide our architectural evolution.
What You’ll Do:
- Technical security leader and mentor of early-career engineers
- Identify the open questions in our approach to architecture and technology, and work across Calm engineering to decide and document an effective approach to compliance and security
- Work cross-functionally to implement and evolve Calm’s security and compliance strategy and toolset
- Work with senior leadership to get aligned with company-wide goals, and then use this context to prioritize technical initiatives appropriately
Who You Are:
- Familiarity with implementing, scaling, and maintaining security toolsets (e.g. SIEM, Docker Scanning, key management, etc.)
- Understanding of both long-term (e.g. OKR) and short-term (e.g. sprints) cross-functional engineering planning
- Growth mindset: receives feedback easily and incorporates it quickly
- Pragmatic: balance scrappiness and rigor
- Great technical communicator
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong product and architectural instincts
- Startup experience
- Operating in a HIPAA and/or other regulatory/compliance landscape (e.g. SOC 2, ISO 27001, FedRAMP, etc.)
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.