Who We Are:
At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2021 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What We Do:
Grow Calm’s paid subscriber base through paid and viral media. As the VP of Growth Marketing, you will be responsible for all subscriber acquisition across mobile, web, and offline paid media. You will lead our Growth team to optimize our existing strategies, while expanding into new channels and markets. You will report directly into the Chief Growth Officer and collaborate closely with the executive leadership at Calm.
What You'll Do:
- Lead Calm’s Growth org, which is comprised of Acquisition and Retention
- Empower Calm’s acquisition team to optimize Calm’s media mix to maximize scale and return; test into new channels and new markets to unlock subscriber growth
- Lead Calm’s lifecycle/retention team to drive deeper engagement and impact
- Scale Calm’s growth team with world-class talent
- Partner with Data, Engineering and Product to improve Calm’s understanding of Paid performance and to unlock additional opportunities to scale
- Collaborate with Content and Brand Marketing teams on campaigns to introduce Calm to new audiences
Who You Are:
You are data-driven and have a track record of taking successful new bets on growth. You are an empathetic and cross-functional leader that embodies resourcefulness, high EQ, curiosity and a “can-do” attitude. You have managed significant media budgets successfully against performance targets. You have direct media buying expertise as well as experience in growth strategies more broadly. You are excited to take bigger, calculated risks to drive new growth strategies. You have successfully built, mentored, motivated and retained world-class growth teams.
- 8+ years of experience in growth (with specific experience in large-scale user acquisition) and within larger growth orgs.
- Proven track record scaling and retaining high-performing Growth teams
- High-level strategic thinker with the ability to understand what’s going on at granular levels of performance
- Proficiency in BI tools, including but not limited to Tableau, Amplitude, Excel
- Experience introducing consumer products to international markets (particularly EMEA or APAC)
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical skills, able to understand variables and apply logic to new problems
- Proactive, will follow up when things don’t get resolved
- Results oriented, takes ownership of outcomes and communicates learnings to the rest of the team
- Competitive salary and equity
- Unlimited PTO
- We pay your medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums
- Commuter benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Apple equipment
- Opportunity to work with a product focused on making the world happier and healthier
- And much more!
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.