Who We Are:
At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2021 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What You’ll Do:
We are looking for an exceptionally driven Senior Accounts Payable/Procurement to join our growing team. The successful candidate will be a committed and dedicated team player with excellent customer service skills, a positive can-do attitude and the ability to build and maintain good vendor and employee relations. The ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations is essential for this role.
What’s needed in this role is a passion for everything AP and Procure-to-Pay operations and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced and feedback-driven environment. We’re also looking for someone who is highly self-motivated, has a stellar work ethic, and is excited for the right company to support their career growth. If this sounds like a good opportunity, we’d love to meet you!
- Manage day-to-day procure to pay cycle, reviewing and approving purchase orders, managing the processing of vendor invoices, employee expenses, and corporate credit cards
- Maintain the Accounts Payable inbox on a daily basis to ensure that all invoices, credit memos, and as well as other AP inquiries are properly addressed
- Ensure all purchase requisitions and invoices are coded to the correct general ledger, department, and business unit accounts
- Resolve discrepancies and follow up with vendors/suppliers in a timely manner with any concerns
- Maintain vendor records, including obtaining W-9s from new vendors and updating records with tax status and tax ID (Perform annual 1099 filings)
- Ensure completeness of all contracts and upload to the purchase requisition prior to conversion to purchase order
- Manage the purchase requisition to purchase order conversion process and respond to general inquiries from suppliers
- Assist business partners in the creation and reconciliation of purchase requisitions/orders
- Weekly, reconcile all open purchase orders to ensure timely receipt of vendor bills
- Continue to apply best practices to the purchase requisition and new supplier process by adding value through process improvement and creating workflow efficiencies (e.g., reducing processing time, improving accuracy, training, reporting, communication, etc.) partnering with Finance/Accounting/Legal/Business units
- Reconciliation of all assigned accounts on monthly basis to ensure timely month end close
- Facilitate monthly communication with vendors via accrual system to support month end close
- When needed, assist with bi-weekly process of cash disbursements including the preparation of ACH payments, wire transfers, and one-off checks
- Assist in the external audit process, specific focus on collecting key financial and accounting data.
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documents for AP and Procurement responsibilities
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in accounting or related field
- 3+ years' experience working in Accounts Payable or relative procurement department
- Strong analytical, verbal, written communication, and problem solving skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
- Thrives in a growing organization with excellent attention to detail, follow up, critical thinking and analysis
- True team player, ability to work effectively with peers and other department
- A strong understanding of the purchasing process and purchase order lifecycle is required
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (vlookup, pivot tables, match, etc.)
- Meticulous attention to detail and follow-through
- Experience with Bill.com, Expensify, Procurify and NetSuite a plus
- Ability and desire to work on PST hours
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.