Who We Are:
At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2021 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What We Do:
There’s a small gap between a product that changes lives and a product that tries to change lives. Data is how we distinguish between an attempt and a result, and as Vice President of Data Science you’ll refine Calm’s approach to data. You’ll lead our Data Science team as they transition from a Data Science team into a Data Science organization. You and your team will partner closely with folks making key decisions across all facets of the company . You’ve previously steered a Data Science team through periods of rapid growth, are familiar with the tradeoffs of different organizational approaches, and are motivated by using data to make the world a happier, healthier place.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the evolution of Calm’s data culture as we grow our Data Science organization as we grow from ten to twenty-plus
- Support Calm’s Data Science team with clear objectives and goals, feedback, and coaching. In particular, guide the growth from a close-knit team into an organization closely partnering across the company
- Partner cross-functionally across the organization with mindfulness experts, content creatives, product managers, B2B sales, and more
Who You Are:
- 5+ years scaling the Data Science function as a people leader
- Experience supporting data scientists across their many specialities, from analytics to machine learning
- Growth mindset to receive feedback easily and incorporate it quickly
- Great communicator, especially cross-functionally
- Comfort with growth-stage startups (who we are today) and established companies (where we’re going)
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.