We have a simple mission at Calm: To make the world a happier and healthier place.
The heart of Calm is digital but the brand is expanding offline into a variety of products and services that bring more peace, clarity and perspective into people’s busy lives. We are building Calm into the Nike of the Mind. We believe Calm can become one of the most valuable and meaningful brands in the world.
Over 100 Million people have downloaded the app and we are growing by 100,000 new downloads a day. The company is profitable and headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
Calm was co-founded by Alex Tew (Million Dollar Homepage) and Michael Acton Smith (Mind Candy, Moshi Monsters, Firebox).
Our mission on the Calm for Business team is to improve the health and happiness of employees across the globe. To achieve that mission, we partner with organizations to offer Calm as an employee benefit and we now have over 1,000 corporate partners. We’re a highly collaborative, entrepreneurial, and mission-driven team that is passionate about improving employee well-being and creating healthier workplaces.
About the Role:
As the Director of Demand Generation, you’ll own the strategy and execution of our B2B demand generation programs and build out our demand gen team. In this highly collaborative role, you will need to work closely with sales, sales development, and the broader B2B marketing team to ensure we achieve our MQL and opportunity creation targets across our various B2B segments. You will build out and implement a multi-channel marketing strategy that spans paid advertising, account based marketing, event marketing, integrated campaigns, and any other channels .
We’re looking for a proven B2B marketing leader who has a demonstrated track record of building high-performing teams and hitting aggressive targets in a rapid growth startup environment. This is a very important leadership position within the B2B team and you’ll play an essential role in shaping the trajectory of this rapidly growing new business unit within Calm.
- Develop and execute a multi-channel demand generation strategy in order to achieve our MQL and opportunity creation targets across our various B2B segments (Jumbo, Enterprise, Mid Market, and Small Business)
- Partner closely with sales and sales development leadership team to create a holistic and coordinated strategy for both inbound and outbound lead generation
- Develop reporting on key demand gen KPIs, track progress vs goals, and ensure we have strong insights into performance and trends
- Set up regular touchpoints with key stakeholders and B2B leaders to review funnel metrics, assess pipeline health, and identify key challenges and priorities
- Recruit, manage, and coach a diverse and high-performing B2B demand gen team per the hiring roadmap
- Manage our marketing tech stack, analytics infrastructure, and attribution model
- Develop our demand gen marketing budget and investment strategy across channels and programs, with an initial focus on paid digital, account based marketing, and events
- Test into new demand gen channels and programs to assess opportunity size and expected ROI
- Optimize our conversion funnel and lead nurture programs to ensure that demand gen initiatives are translating into revenue
- Minimum of 10 years experience in B2B marketing and demand generation, with at least 5 years leading teams
- Experience building teams in fast-growth, startup environment
- Proven demand gen leader and strategist. You have a track record of hitting aggressive growth goals leveraging a diverse set of channels and tactics.
- Great manager and coach. You have high EQ, are passionate about building teams, and know how to develop great talent.
- Excellent communicator and cross-functional partner. You are great at building relationships, connecting the dots between different teams, and keeping everyone on the same page with clear and regular communication.
- Highly data-driven and technically fluent marketer. You’re highly effective at leveraging data to improve decision making and have experience with various tools and technology within the marketing tech stack to maximize impact.
- Customer-centric and driven by insights. You always work back from the customer when trying to solve problems and leverage customer insights to design your demand gen campaigns.
- Strong sense of ownership and operational rigor. You’re excited about being responsible for hitting big targets and know how to create and execute on a plan to make it happen.
- Creative and experimental. You love problem solving, navigating ambiguity, and running experiments to test and validate new ideas.
- Familiar with systems like Hubspot, Salesforce, Outreach, ZoomInfo, and Tableau
- Excited about Calm’s mission and passionate about mental health and wellness
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.