We have a simple mission at Calm: To make the world a happier and healthier place.
The heart of Calm is digital but the brand is expanding offline into a variety of products and services that bring more peace, clarity and perspective into people’s busy lives. We are building Calm into the Nike of the Mind. We believe Calm can become one of the most valuable and meaningful brands in the world.
Over 100 Million people have downloaded the app and we are growing by 100,000 new downloads a day. The company is profitable and headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
Calm was co-founded by Alex Tew (Million Dollar Homepage) and Michael Acton Smith (Mind Candy, Moshi Monsters, Firebox).
We are looking for passionate and highly experienced content and creative sourcer to partner with our recruiters and hiring teams as we pursue our mission to make the world happier and healthier.
As our next sourcer, you will be responsible for the beginning stages of the recruitment process by demonstrating your creative sourcing skills to form and execute a successful sourcing strategy to build a strong and diverse pipeline.
Our small but mighty recruiting team is highly collaborative and each team member proactively contributes to strategic initiatives that will impact the company. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to grow their career and make an impact.
- Partner with our content and creative leaders to source, screen, interview, and close candidates
- Engage with passive candidates, build diverse pipelines, and provide inclusive candidate experiences
- Strategic talent mapping of the industry and competitive landscape
- Quickly assess priorities and determine ideal candidate profiles
- Identify and implement best practices and tools for attracting and selecting top talent
- Contribute to the growth of Calm’s recruiting function by proactively developing and refining processes and serving as a thought partner for the greater team.
- Minimum of 2+ years sourcing within the content, entertainment, or media industry
- Proven experience in building and managing a diverse pipelines
- Experience in creative sourcing through multiple channels
- Demonstrated experience sourcing individual contributors, managers and directors
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- A successful record of building trust with recruiters, hiring managers, and candidates
- High level of empathy, effective and inclusive communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Think critically, adapt easily to changing priorities, optimize their own time and enjoy collaborating
- Passion for data and experience influencing data-driven decision making with analysis and rapid research
- Competitive salary and equity
- Unlimited PTO
- We pay your medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums
- Commuter benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Apple equipment
- Opportunity to work with a product focused on making the world happier and healthier
- And much more!
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.