Who We Are:
At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2021 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What We Do:
Calm is growing its content library and gaining more exposure every day. Because of this new growth, the number of contracts is climbing, and the nature of our branded relationships is becoming more complex. Copyright, trademark, and rights of publicity are underlying parts of these contracts, as well as relationships that require Calm content to be distributed on other platforms. Experience with these legal issues is crucial for candidates looking to help grow the legal team into the future.
What You’ll Do:
We’re looking for a hard-working, self-starter to serve as our Program Manager (Privacy and Security) who is interested in privacy, data security, and technology. You will work on meaningful and mission-critical privacy and data protection projects to protect data and to ensure organizational compliance with privacy laws and regulations. You will have responsibility for ensuring that Calm’s data governance practices are robust and are consistent with best practices. This role will report to the Head of Trust, Privacy & Intellectual Property, and will work with cross-functional stakeholders in the organization, including members of the product, engineering, security, and operations teams.
- On a daily basis, work on and help drive multiple privacy-related work streams related to ensuring compliance with privacy laws and regulations, including CCPA and GDPR, in collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders
- Assist in the review and assessment of new products, features, and uses of personal data to ensure compliance with data privacy laws and regulations and industry best practices
- Support security-related workstreams, including obtaining and maintaining SOC 2 certification
- Assist with maintaining and updating privacy notices as required and appropriate
- Partner with customer experience team in actioning privacy rights requests and refining policies and procedures related to rights requests
- Monitor and anticipate privacy-related regulatory developments and help implement any changes required by new privacy laws or regulations
- Opportunity to work on other complex matters that a sophisticated in-house legal team advises on
Who You Are:
- Has 3+ years of overall professional experience
- A highly motivated self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to the right details
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High energy, team-oriented and enjoys helping others
- A can-do attitude and ability to efficiently and effectively manage competing projects and priorities
- Passionate about privacy, security, and technology
- Strong critical thinking skills and intellectually curious
- Relevant work experience involving: privacy laws and regulations, including CCPA, GDPR, and COPPA; and/or cybersecurity, including security standards such as SOC2 and ISO 27001
- Project management experience
- STEM major or coursework related to technology
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.