Who We Are:
At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2021 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What We Do:
As a member of the User Acquisition team, you will get the chance to directly contribute to Growth at Calm. We are a small, hungry and humble team that looks for innovative ways to bring new users into the Calm App and to Calm.com. In UA, we merge creative thinking and quantitative strategy to drive consumer growth across the App, Web and Offline Marketing channels. We are always looking for new opportunities to scale and grow. We value a can-do attitude, data-driven decision-making, high EQ, cross-team collaboration, resourcefulness, and curiosity.
The key responsibility of the Marketing Ops Manager would be to inform media buying strategy by analyzing performance data to set goals and budgets. Additionally, the new team member would ensure Calm has the highest quality UA dashboards and data to optimize campaigns and general buying strategy. In order to accomplish this, the Marketing Ops Manager would work cross-functionally with other teams such as Data Science, Data Eng, Finance etc to align on reporting and other UA initiatives and ensure UA goals are supported across the Calm.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage Growth Marketing initiatives as a portfolio at a high level to help identify the most efficient opportunities across channels and geos
- Partner with Media Buyers to develop and communicate clear execution strategies, budgets (if constrained), cost per trial and cost per purchase targets, etc
- Partner with Data Science/Eng teams to automate spend ingestion and reporting flow for monthly internal reporting
- Build and maintain reporting in Tableau for UA Buyers to democratize data and improve optimization efficiency
- Help QA and sign off on Data initiatives and infrastructure changes impacting UA BI tables
- Partner with Product teams, Partnership teams, etc to identify and communicate growth marketing opportunities in larger business strategy
- Partner with Content Team to identify royalties costs etc to build an internal database to better track advertising spend associated with celebrity talent
- Liaise with Media Buyers and Creative Ops to manage invoice approvals
- Partner with finance team to tie out UA figures across invoicing and UI reporting spend for internal and external reporting
Who You Are:
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- Extremely strong attention to detail
- Strong quantitative skills
- Proficiency in BI software including but not limited to Excel, Tableau or Mode
- Project management, ability to juggle multiple aspects of a project at once
- Proactive. Will follow up when things don’t get resolved
- Enthusiasm and passion for quality
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.