We have a simple mission at Calm: To make the world a happier and healthier place.
The heart of Calm is digital but the brand is expanding offline into a variety of products and services that bring more peace, clarity and perspective into people’s busy lives. We are building Calm into the Nike of the Mind. We believe Calm can become one of the most valuable and meaningful brands in the world.
Over 100 Million people have downloaded the app and we are growing by 100,000 new downloads a day. The company is profitable and headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
Calm was co-founded by Alex Tew (Million Dollar Homepage) and Michael Acton Smith (Mind Candy, Moshi Monsters, Firebox).
Our product vision is to deliver life-changing content and delightful experiences to help people build a habit around mental wellness. We do this in 5 main ways:
- Build and distribute the world’s most valuable offering of mental wellness experiences.
- Help our members develop and maintain a regular habit around mental wellness.Deliver life changing content and tools that are simple, delightful, entertaining, and personalized.
- Grow revenue by building a premium experience that millions of members pay for.
- Become an essential digital wellness solution for employers, healthcare providers and other institutions.
About the Role:
You will lead the product design team, and will partner closely with the leadership team to drive our goals and deliver a world-class product. You will work closely with Calm’s founders to on product design innovation and ideation
- UX design team leadership: Great design and UX are core to Calm, and you will lead a team of experienced product designers to execute on our goals. You will also be a great designer yourself.
- Hiring: You will hire and mentor a world-class team of designers and researchers.
- Cross-functional collaboration: You will partner closely with the leaders of product, engineering, brand design, content, customer experience and sales.
- Vision & Ideation: You will work closely with Calm’s founders to ideate on the future design and UX in the Calm experience.
- 4+ years experience managing managers of multiple design teams
- Successfully supporting and scaling teams across Product Design and User Research
- Demonstrate strategies for organizational planning and approaches to strengthen team capacity
- Proven experience transform defined customer needs and business goals into estimated plans with appropriate resources
- Ability to bring forward quantitative and qualitative data into the design process
- Capable of coaching teams through planning processes, collaborating cross-functionally, and prioritizing impact
- A track record of getting others to be involved with and contribute to the design and research process
- In-depth knowledge of human-centered design practices, research methodologies, and design tools
- Presentation and communication skills suited for our executive team
- Create a learning environment where designers grow and expand skill-sets, techniques, and tools
- Competitive salary and equity
- Unlimited PTO
- We pay your medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums
- Commuter benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Apple equipment
- Opportunity to work with a product focused on making the world happier and healthier
- And much more!
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.