To ensure Calm provides an exceptional user experience across the Apple ecosystem of devices. To quickly implement changes that focus on improving business metrics for user acquisition and engagement. To write quality code that is stable, reliable, and easy for others to read and maintain. To ensure the iOS engineering team remains nimble, responds quickly to issues, and ships and tests changes quickly.
- Implement changes that precisely match designs
- Improve the purchase conversion rate and user engagement metrics by quickly implementing A|B tests to help determine improvements
- Maintain a high level of performance, low battery usage, and keep the app bundle size low
- Ensure the stability of the app does not dip below current levels of crash-free users
- Ensure app bugs do not cause a noticeable decrease in the app rating or cause numerous increases in the number of support issues filed
- Write maintainable code that can be quickly updated as needed, has a low volume of bugs, and is readable and easily understood by other engineers on the team
- Stay up to date on the latest technologies in Apple’s SDKs, and use this knowledge to implement new features and changes if they’ll provide a better experience in the app
- Proactively assist other engineers on the team in fixing bugs and shipping features and updates
- Provide fairly accurate engineering time estimates that help determine project priority
- Be on call from time to time if there are critical issues on production that need debugging
- Take ownership and responsibility to finish the features and issues assigned to you with minimal help from others on the team
- Identify root causes and resolution actions for critical bugs
- Assist deploying builds to production, dev builds for QA, and have visibility on the status of Pull Requests and client builds as they get deployed
- Devise innovative and cost-effective strategies for identifying and preventing bugs
- Ensure the app transitions and animations are fluid, performant, and enjoyable to use
- Proactively refactor code that needs improvement
- Become a reliable go-to resource on the team for any iOS project, regardless of the complexity, which involves being able to learn new things quickly and writing stable code.
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- Proficient in Swift and Objective-C, and knowledgeable in a variety of iOS SDK frameworks
- Strong product instincts
- Efficient, fast at the keyboard
- Extremely strong attention to detail
- Proactive. Will follow up when things don’t get resolved
- Enthusiasm and passion for quality
- Takes responsibility for making sure issues are resolved and shipped quickl
- 2-4 years of software engineering experience
- Competitive salary and equity
- Unlimited PTO
- We pay your medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums
- Commuter benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Opportunity to work with a product focused on making the world happier and healthier
- And much more!
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.