We have a simple mission at Calm: To make the world a happier and healthier place.
The heart of Calm is digital but the brand is expanding offline into a variety of products and services that bring more peace, clarity and perspective into people’s busy lives. We are building Calm into the Nike of the Mind. We believe Calm can become one of the most valuable and meaningful brands in the world.
Over 100 Million people have downloaded the app and we are growing by 100,000 new downloads a day. The company is profitable and headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
Calm was co-founded by Alex Tew (Million Dollar Homepage) and Michael Acton Smith (Mind Candy, Moshi Monsters, Firebox).
About the Role
As an iOS engineer on one of Calm’s product teams, you will build the features that enable Calm to make millions of people happier and healthier. You will work closely with our cross-functional team to ensure our technology is addressing real world problems while being reliable and performant.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Work with a team of engineers, designers, product managers and data scientists building compelling new experiences to attract and engage new users to Calm.
- Help define the future of the iOS app at Calm.
- Directly impact the lives of tens of millions of people.
- Be extremely impactful as a member of a small team.
You will be successful here by:
- Being someone who excels at user-centric product development.
- Having a passion for making beautiful, smooth, delightful mobile experiences.
- You’re capable of learning new things and are interested in figuring out tough problems. You know how to leverage the experience of others and when to ask for help.
We’re excited about you because you:
- Have experience building iOS applications in a production environment using Swift.
- Are comfortable using Xcode tools to diagnose issues.
- Stay up to date and experiment with the latest iOS technologies.
- Have a product-focused mindset. Our team works together to deliver projects that use technology to solve real business problems.
- Think critically about how your work connects to the business strategy/vision.
- You can collaborate with iOS, Android, and Backend engineers in order to ship features.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Unlimited PTO
- We pay your medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums
- Commuter benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Opportunity to work with a product focused on making the world happier and healthier
- And much more!
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.