Do you view yourself as a “left and right brained” thinker? We are hiring a data scientist to work closely with our product pods, composed of PMs, engineers, and designers, and we need someone who has both capabilities. You should be a creative thinker, who can empathize with our users, approach problems from unexpected angles, intuit good hypotheses to test, generate good feature ideas, and tell good stories about the data. At the same time, you are excellent at and have the training to analytically break down problems and then systematically and rigorously work towards optimal solutions and deep insights. In this role, you can have a major impact on how Calm iterates and in turn, deeply affect the millions of people whose lives are being transformed for the better by our product.
- Refine ambiguous product questions and help turn them into concrete hypotheses that can be examined with tests and data analysis
- Help the product pod design experiments to ensure that we will efficiently learn what we set out to learn
- Use rigorous statistical approaches to interpret findings correctly
- Do deep-dive analysis to help us develop a more nuanced understanding of our users, their needs, motivations and paint points, so that the team can progress beyond current ways of thinking and find new opportunities
- Elicit data-driven action and decision making by presenting findings in dashboards and presentations
- Work to make our product roadmap data-driven and systematic
- Develop a thought partnership with product to build trust and ensure that strategic decisions will be data-driven
- Improve and automate tools for analyzing tests
- Help build out and support data tools and our data warehouse
- Five plus years of industry experience with a focus on product analytics and/or experimentation
- Strong experience with experimental design and best practices around experimentation
- History of driving business impact through analysis. You understand how to prioritize, what actions are likely to be impactful, and which levers to pull
- Have a hypothesis-driven, scientific approach to data and problems
- Strong knowledge of descriptive and inferential statistics
- Ability to write complex SQL queries and fluent in python or R (python preferable)
- Strong storytelling skills and ability to communicate cross-functionally to non-technical audiences
- Competitive salary and equity
- Unlimited PTO
- We pay your medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums
- Commuter benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Opportunity to work with a product focused on making the world happier and healthier
- And much more!
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.