We have a simple mission at Calm: To make the world a happier and healthier place.
The heart of Calm is digital but the brand is expanding offline into a variety of products and services that bring more peace, clarity and perspective into people’s busy lives. We are building Calm into the Nike of the Mind. We believe Calm can become one of the most valuable and meaningful brands in the world.
Over 75 Million people have downloaded the app and we are growing by 100,000 new downloads a day. The company is profitable and headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
Calm was co-founded by Alex Tew (Million Dollar Homepage) and Michael Acton Smith (Mind Candy, Moshi Monsters, Firebox).
As the VP, Marketing you will work closely with our Co-Founders/co-CEOs as well as Content, Brand and Product leadership to build world-class creative, content, brand, and product marketing experiences.
- A very creative thinker with ideas on the many ways the Calm brand can expand beyond a digital experience
- You’re a globally-minded executive with deep experience in creative campaigns, social media strategies, traditional media buying, brand, publicity, and partner marketing
- You’re someone with deep expertise developing a global marketing strategy and roadmap in partnership with content, brand, product, marketing and PR teams
- You’re passionate about developing unique social and creative campaigns through a variety of mediums that focus on building our brand and content awareness that ultimately drives user acquisition and retention
- A strong understanding of the complete brand management process and experience leading a campaign from start to finish
- Proven experience developing brand strategy and crafting a meaningful 360 campaign brief that delivers upon the larger brand, audience, and channel strategies
- Phenomenal cross-functional collaboration skills - this person should shepherd the campaign throughout the entire organization ensuring all partners are aligned
- You’re a leader - someone who inspires, motivates and coaches the team and energizes the company
- 10+ years of creative marketing, social media, and brand
- Strong track record of building and leading marketing teams
- IQ/EQ balance that allows you to use data to inform your decisions and the insight to create deep connections across the business to get the job done
- In depth knowledge of market research
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Competitive salary and equity
- Unlimited PTO
- We pay your medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums
- Commuter benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Apple equipment
- Opportunity to work with a product focused on making the world happier and healthier
- And much more!
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.