Calm’s first copywriter will define and steward our brand voice, as conveyed in words, across all moments of the customer journey, from the moment someone first learns about Calm to their ten year anniversary as a subscriber. We’ll look to you to craft copy that builds a strong connection with our existing customers, drives new interest in Calm, and builds a sense of love and affection for our brand around the world.
- Author Calm’s voice and tone guidelines
- Write! Produce high-quality copy from concept to execution within guidelines
- Craft brand messaging across a range of internally and externally-facing touch points, including advertising; social media channels; our blog; emails; events and experiential marketing; landing pages and microsites; storyboards; slide decks; and print collateral
- Craft brand messaging across a range of media, including audio; film; online graphics; UI; animation; packaging; editorial; and other formats
- Strategize how we use copy across all channels and audiences
- Collaborate with designers, art directors, and producers on high level concepts that will shape the Creative Team's output
- Shape creative pitches.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to listen, and a commitment to learning and growing through feedback
- Clarify complex topics into easy to understand language
- Craft Calm’s brand narrative for internal and external consumption, in collaboration with our Creative Team, Marketing Team, and Founders
- Develop an understanding of current and future content offerings, articulate a clear value proposition in words for each
- Assess projects and provide recommendations on the scope and type of copywriting support needed
- Dedicate time to internally-facing copy and content from foundational materials on mission and values to timely employee communications
- Proactively develop solutions for scaling on-brand copy across teams, projects, and channels
- Proof final deliverables to ensure that final content appears as intended
We think you’re great. But in order to be a great candidate for this position, you:
- Demonstrate exceptional grammar, spelling, sentence structuring skills
- Are stickler for details
- Feel comfortable juggling multiple projects at once
- Feel comfortable working on short-form and long form content
- Proactively manage time and deadlines
- Have a proven ability to craft compelling narratives that drive engagement and action
- Can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
- Present with confidence. Can present to more senior team members without undue tension and nervousness; can determine the best way to get things done with leaders by understanding their goals and responding to their needs
- Are proactive. Take responsibility for your work and for getting things across the finish line. You will follow up to ensure things get resolved.
- Passionate about, and committed to, doing quality work
- Have a sense of humor, and you know how and when to use it
- Competitive salary and equity
- Unlimited PTO
- We pay your medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums
- Commuter benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Apple equipment
- Opportunity to work with a product focused on making the world happier and healthier
- And much more!
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.