Distillation technicians are responsible for creating high quality refined cannabis distillate and facilitating its processing through distillation. Technicians will train on and perform Degasification/Devolatilization as well as Wiped Film Evaporation Distillation operations using the Summit Research Short Path Distillation Unit, VTA, POPE, and Jacketed Reactor vessels.
What You'll Do
- Performs decarboxylation and degassing of THC crude using standard laboratory equipment
- Performs distillation and refinement of crude material using short path distillation and wiped film distillation
- Prepares material for decarboxylation, distillation, refinement and homogenization
- Performs sampling of crude and distillate materials for laboratory analysis
- Performs all duties and responsibilities efficiently and in accordance with accepted standard operating procedures and industry best practices to produce industry leading products
- Performs routine disassembly of machines for intensive cleaning
- Performs preventative and corrective maintenance on standard laboratory equipment
- Troubleshoots, disassembles, repairs and reassembles standard laboratory equipment in accordance with appropriate technical documents and procedures
- Assess and documents all key performance indicators (KPIs) online and in run sheets and record books with accuracy
- Enters all required information accurately into METRC
- Performs in-process material audits as required
- Disposes of waste materials
- Coordinates activities with other operators, shift leads and management
What You Have
- High school diploma (or equivalent)
- Positive and proactive attitude
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Dependable transportation
- Must be 21+ years of age
- Ability to work cooperatively with team members at all levels
- Establishes clear expectations for self and others to achieve stated goals and objectives
- Gives regular feedback to ensure system and record accuracy
- Demonstrates receptive attitude to constructive feedback
- Demonstrates consistent logic, rationality, and objectivity in decision-making
- Effective time-management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, challenging environment
- Be able to read and comprehend technical documents and standard operating procedures
- Possess advanced math and analytical skills
- Familiarity with OSHA guidelines for laboratories
- Ability to recover from and adapt to interruptions of routines and plans
- Ability to multitask
- Stay current with industry standards and best practices
- Be organized and detail-oriented
- Be able to work safely and considerately in close quarters with other employees
- Coordinate activities with other operators, shift leads and management
- Have experience using Microsoft Office Suite and/or Google Apps (Docs, Sheets, etc)
- Contribute to a dynamic, collaborative and positive team environment and culture
- Operations: This position will work in an indoor manufacturing facility with uncontrolled temperatures; may be exposed to bright lighting, loud equipment, airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, extremely hot and cold surfaces, hazardous/flammable liquids and vapors, and working in close proximity with other operators and managers.
- This job operates in a professional production laboratory environment and routinely uses standard industrial laboratory equipment.
- This job routinely uses office equipment such as computers, phones, printers, copiers, filing folders and binders, and may work in proximity with other operators and managers.
- Must be able to travel to both Eureka and Arcata facilities.
- Work revolves around objectives, projects and priorities, not hours; must be able to work weekends, holidays, and occasional overtime as needed.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift, sit, and bend for a majority of their work schedule.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb a ladder.
- Ability to use computer and calculator.
- Required to have a valid driver's license with acceptable driving history. Must have own transportation.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Selected candidate will be required to complete a post offer, pre-employment background check with the local law enforcement or Eureka Police Department.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Some lifting, squatting, bending, pushing and pulling.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on a regular basis without assistance.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, sit, bend, lift, push, pull, talk and hear for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to climb a ladder.