As Retail Store Manager, you are responsible for leading all aspects of the retail business including team hiring & development, operations, visual merchandising, selling, and customer service. You are accountable for developing strategies to drive profitability while ensuring a positive customer experience. The Retail Store Manager will plan and direct the day-to-day activities to elevate the in-store experience that will allow the team to achieve sales goals and KPIs.
What You’ll Do
- Achieve established store goals through strategic and effective initiatives centered around providing an unparalleled customer experience.
- Create strategic action plans for business opportunities and capitalize on proven successes.
- Ensure a profitable store by working within the parameters of established store budgets which includes payroll management.
- Maintain leadership of all store KPIs: oversee the daily sales ledger, shift logs, tracking and reporting.
- Proactively recommend new and improved processes for all operating procedures.
- Consistently forecast the business and develop product, visual, and selling strategies.
- Maintain and deliver strong communication with the Retail Leadership Team across stores and corporate roles as well as with other cross-functional business partners.
- Drive new and repeat customer visits by creating a customer experience that is centered around product knowledge and education and high service standards.
- Schedule and conduct regular staff meetings and facilitate training sessions.
- Promote positive employee morale by creating an enjoyable, challenging, and rewarding work environment.
- Provide support to the Retail Delivery Team as needed.
- Hire and train employees by applying high standards for selection and continued performance.
- Establishes clear and stretching goals, communicates and delegates key responsibilities, and actively utilizes all performance, development, and career tools to their full potential.
- Drives positive employee relations and delivers sustainable results through being a positive role model.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
What You Have
- Embrace and demonstrate alignment with Caliva Values – Integrity, Positive Energy, Connectedness, Bias in Action, and Truth Seeking.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of retail store management experience with proven success in leadership role.
- Strong organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Must be able to adapt to a changing work environment.
- Ability to manage and work as part of a team.
- Must be reliable and dependable with a good work ethic.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office, comfortability with retail software and databases.
- Entry-level knowledge of cannabis products and related vocabulary is preferred.
- This position will work in an indoor facility with controlled temperatures; may be exposed to bright lighting, loud equipment, airborne particles, and working in close proximity with customers and staff.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers and filing cabinets.
- Work revolves around objectives, projects and priorities, not hours; must be able to work weekends, holidays, and occasional overtime as needed.
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit, bend, lift, push, pull, talk and hear for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to travel to other office locations.
- Ability to use computer and calculator for 8 hours or more.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Selected candidate will be required to complete a post offer, pre-employment background check with the local law enforcement.