The Corporate Paralegal will help manage our legal operations and infrastructure. You will support the Legal team in many aspects of corporate transactions, such as filing Certificates of Incorporation, helping maintain corporate record books and helping prepare the paperwork needed for mergers and acquisitions. They may attend corporate meetings, prepare corporate resolutions, and other comparable tasks. The Corporate Paralegal will assist in helping get the work done within the bounds of legal and ethical rules. The ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a lean, unstructured environment and gleefully seizes ambiguity and opportunity to drive meaningful results.
What You’ll Do
- Design, develop, refine, and simplify legal processes.
- Manage corporate governance matters, including foreign qualifications, good standing requirements, annual statements, and related issues.
- Support securities law compliance and SEC reporting, including the preparation and filing of Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, Form 8-K, proxy statement, Section 16, and other public company and regulatory filings.
- Assist with maintaining minute books and corporate records, including director and officer information, governance policies, and compliance processes.
- Support subsidiary maintenance, including governmental filings and licensing requirements.
- Assist with strategic corporate transactions, including due diligence, document preparation, closing mechanics, and post-closing integration as applicable.
- Craft legal dashboards tied to company goals.
- Maintain contracts management function.
- Monitor outside counsel for quality assurance, timeliness, compliance with expectations, and progress against goals.
- Manage IP disclosure and files, including invention capture and inventor documentation.
- Assist with other administrative tasks as may be required.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
What You Have
- BA/BS or equivalent combinations of education or experience may be considered.
- 5+ years with a law firm or in-house, with emphasis on corporate experience.
- Demonstrated ability building legal dashboards and instrumenting legal metrics.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Relentlessly organized.
- Passionate about the power of well-crafted processes.
- Able to cut through noise and distill legal concepts into clear action items.
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills.
- Enjoys working autonomously and proactively on multiple projects.
- Appreciates incorporating numbers and data into legal decisions.
- Confidently reprioritizes based on evolving needs or in response to new information.
- This job may operate in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and may work in proximity with customers and staff.
- Hybrid or remote is also acceptable.
- Work revolves around objectives, projects and priorities, not hours; must be able to work weekends, holidays, and occasional overtime as needed.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift, sit, and bend for a majority of their work schedule.
- Must be able to travel to other office locations.
- Ability to use computer and calculator for 8 hours or more.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Selected candidate will be required to complete a post offer, pre-employment background check with the local law enforcement or San Jose Police Department.