Caliva is your friendly and trusted cannabis brand. We believe in wellness options that work for your lifestyle; in boosting your spirits and seeking adventure; in motivating the mind, steadying the body and being inspired to create. A true seed to sale company; we cultivate happy plants and happy people and strive to provide California with dependable cannabis options. As one of the largest cannabis companies in the state of California, we pride ourselves in our compliance, professionalism, commitment to quality, and positive atmosphere. We stand by our promise of consistency, transparency, and accessibility as Caliva’s brick and mortar retail footprint continues to expand into new cities and is growing rapidly through our online pickup and delivery service.
Join the Caliva team and become part of something exciting!
The Receptionist is focused on providing a consistent customer experience at all times by welcoming and introducing all guests to Caliva with enthusiasm and passion for the brand and our products.
What You’ll Do
- Greet every customer upon entrance to the lobby according to the Caliva standard.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service by creating a welcoming environment.
- Check in all customers with diligence and according to policy and procedure which may include patient intake paperwork.
- Communicate effectively with all store leaders and team members and ask for assistance when needed.
- Support the store experience by performing various operational tasks as needed.
- Maintain excellent housekeeping and organizational standards in the lobby and lobby restrooms.
- Keep up to date on any promotions and communicate to customers.
- Maintain a general knowledge of products offered.
- Stay informed of daily store goals and commit to making a positive contribution.
- Maintain professionalism in your appearance, attitude, and communication.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
What You Have
- Embrace and demonstrate alignment with Caliva Values – Integrity, Positive Energy, Connectedness, Bias in Action, and Truth Seeking.
- 1-2 years of customer service experience; cannabis industry experience a plus.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be reliable and dependable with a good work ethic.
- Familiarity with medical cannabis strains, products and effects.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to adapt to a changing work environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Entry-level knowledge of cannabis products and related vocabulary is preferred.
This position will work in an indoor environment with a controlled temperature, may be exposed to bright lighting and loud equipment, and may have to work overtime and weekends as needed. Must be able to adapt to a changing work environment.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, sit, bend, lift, push, pull, talk and hear for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on a regular basis without assistance.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Selected candidate will be required to complete a post offer, pre-employment background check with the local law enforcement.