Caliva is your friendly and trusted cannabis brand. We believe in wellness options that work for your lifestyle; in boosting your spirits and seeking adventure; in motivating the mind, steadying the body and being inspired to create. A true seed to sale company; we cultivate happy plants and happy people and strive to provide California with dependable cannabis options. As one of the largest cannabis companies in the state of California, we pride ourselves in our compliance, professionalism, commitment to quality, and positive atmosphere. We stand by our promise of consistency, transparency, and accessibility as Caliva’s brick and mortar retail footprint continues to expand into new cities and is growing rapidly through our online pickup and delivery service.
Join the Caliva team and become part of something exciting!The Inventory Control Specialist 2 – Warehouse Operations is responsible for organizing, labelling, positioning and maintaining inventory at the assigned Inventory location. In addition to the responsibilities, ensure inventory accuracy are correctly entered in the inventory control systems.
What You’ll Do
- Accurately label the product for placement in the Inventory Location.
- Receive the Product and place it at designated locations in the warehouse/retail location.
- Ensure that the information in software systems reflects actual physical product inventory.
- Package product Units/Cases in boxes and/or palletize them and making them ready for movement within the premises or shipment outside the premises for distribution
- Perform cycle counts of assigned inventory lots and locations.
- Maintain Inventory Logs to process cycle counts, review on-hand inventory, current activity, and past activity.
- Flag inventory discrepancies of under/over amounts and/or QC discrepancies to direct supervisor.
- Maintain organization of inventory by ensuring material/product is in the correct location; conducts searches to locate misclassified inventory.
- Stage/Pick inventory for all outgoing orders and assists in put away process for finished goods.
- Assist in the implementation of procedures to prevent errors.
- Utilize company information systems at advanced/expert levels – perform reporting, data analysis, making process and operating decisions using data
- Communicate best practices improvement of operating processes
- Comply and adhere to company policies and procedures and maintains regular work attendance.
- Understand BSS regulations
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
What You Have
- College degree preferred but not required.
- 2-3 years related experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to multitask and manage time efficiently.
- Must be able to adapt to a changing work environment.
- Provide adequate levels of support to internal stakeholders.
- Must be detail oriented and take direction well.
- Cannabis experience a plus but not required.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Must be reliable and dependable with a good work ethic.
- Proficient in Excel to analyze reports, create required cross-sections, develop v-look up tables
- This position will work in an indoor manufacturing facility or at a Retail/Wholesale location with controlled temperatures; may be exposed to bright lighting, loud equipment, airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and works in close proximity with staff.
- Must be able to travel to other locations to receive training or support inventory needs.
- This role requires 100% on-site presence.
- Required to have a valid driver's license with acceptable driving history. Not having a current ability to drive will be a disqualification.
- Must have own transportation.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift, sit, bend, push, pull, talk and hear for a majority of their work schedule.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on a regular basis without assistance.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to use computer and calculator for 8 hours or more.
- Work revolves around objectives, projects and priorities, not hours. Occasional overtime required.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Selected candidate will be required to complete a post offer, pre-employment background check with the local law enforcement.