Caliva is your friendly and trusted cannabis brand. We believe in wellness options that work for your lifestyle; in boosting your spirits and seeking adventure; in motivating the mind, steadying the body and being inspired to create. A true seed to sale company; we cultivate happy plants and happy people and strive to provide California with dependable cannabis options. As one of the largest cannabis companies in the state of California, we pride ourselves in our compliance, professionalism, commitment to quality, and positive atmosphere. We stand by our promise of consistency, transparency, and accessibility as Caliva’s brick and mortar retail footprint continues to expand into new cities and is growing rapidly through our online pickup and delivery service.
Join the Caliva team and become part of something exciting!
To enable our rapid growth, we seek a seasoned technology professional, excited by the opportunity to build and operate at the core of our business, exploiting our erp capabilities and driving further optimization with our e-commerce and other integrated platforms. You will oversee all the development activity on our open source, ERP, Odoo, and provide operational support and guidance across all development activity. You will work with Developers, Business Analysts and technology partners, to build new functionalities, streamline operations, integrate and manage critical integrations with external systems.
What You’ll Do
- Lead Python development of new features and bug fixes
- Manage offshore development partners
- Organize and perform change control for production code releases.
- Ensure all code released to production is documented in Jira and signed off by product owners.
- Support an eCommerce microservice platform written in NodeJS to support orders, product search, payments, etc...
- Support our analytics program with SQL reports in BigQuery
What You Have
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical field
- 8+ years professional experience as a backend developer on web services and systems
- 4+ years Python development
- 2+ years with NodeJS
- Proficiency with database systems (such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Proficient in designing, building & delivering REST based APIs
- Experience building scalable applications with microservice architecture
- This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and may work in proximity with customers and staff.
- Must be able to travel to other office locations.
- This role will require 50% on-site/ in-office presence
- Work revolves around objectives, projects and priorities, not hours; must be able to work weekends, holidays, and occasional overtime as needed.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift, sit, and bend for a majority of their work schedule.
- Ability to use a computer and calculator for 8 hours or more.
- Required to have a valid driver's license with acceptable driving history. Must have own transportation.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Selected candidate will be required to complete a post offer, pre-employment background check with the local law enforcement or San Jose Police Department.