Caliva is your friendly and trusted cannabis brand. We believe in wellness options that work for your lifestyle; in boosting your spirits and seeking adventure; in motivating the mind, steadying the body and being inspired to create. A true seed to sale company; we cultivate happy plants and happy people and strive to provide California with dependable cannabis options. As one of the largest cannabis companies in the state of California, we pride ourselves in our compliance, professionalism, commitment to quality, and positive atmosphere. We stand by our promise of consistency, transparency, and accessibility as Caliva’s brick and mortar retail footprint continues to expand into new cities and is growing rapidly through our online pickup and delivery service.
Join the Caliva team and become part of something exciting!
The Innovation Project Manager is responsible for the planning and execution of new product initiatives across the organization. This is a high visibility role which collaborates cross-functionally across the organization to manage multiple new product projects. The ideal candidate is highly motivated with exceptional communication, time management, and organizational skills. Flexibility and adaptability are key traits that will allow this person to stay focused and succeed in a fast-paced and dynamic industry.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and execute comprehensive project plans and timelines for new product launches from inception through launch.
- Prepare weekly project status reports for project teams and management.
- Identify project issues/risks, develop and propose mitigation plans, and escalate as needed. Work across functional boundaries to help resolve project or process issues.
- Ensure project documentation is complete, accurate, and saved appropriately.
- Ensure timely and accurate execution of tasks by project team members.
- Deliver new innovation projects on time and within scope.
- Coordinate and facilitate project meetings including kick offs, project discussions, status meetings, retrospectives, and ad-hoc meetings as required.
- Develop strong, collaborative relationships and communications with cross-functional teams including Design, Marketing, Operations, Planning, R&D, Sourcing, Supply Chain, Sales, Delivery & Retail.
- Proactively look for opportunities to optimize processes or design new processes to help enable the company to meet its innovation targets.
- Coach team members on processes and best practices.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
What You Have
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum of 2 years project management or relevant experience in Consulting, Product Development, Supply Chain, or related fields.
- Professional experience in Alcohol, Retail and/or Consumer Packaged Goods strongly preferred.
- Experience with waterfall/stage gate methodology.
- Experience with project management software, techniques and tools.
- Experience with product development lifecycle, new product development, or process improvement a plus but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and time manage.
- Must be able to adapt to a changing work environment.
- Experience working in fast-paced work environment and able to adapt to demands of competing work priorities.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office, comfortability with various software and databases.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Entry-level knowledge of cannabis related vocabulary and products preferred but not required.
- This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and may work in proximity with customers and staff.
- Must be able to travel to other office locations. Min travel will be required.
- Work revolves around objectives, projects and priorities, not hours; must be able to flex to the work as needed based on project goals and timelines.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift, sit, and bend for a majority of their work schedule.
- Ability to use computer for 8 hours or more.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Selected candidate will be required to complete a post offer, pre-employment background check with the local law enforcement or San Jose Police Department.