Between e-commerce, mobile applications, and retail experience (including Delivery and Pick-up), the Senior Product Designer - DTC will play a key role in the DTC business through creating UI/UX features that make the consumer journey seamless and e-commerce accessible to everyone. You will design an enticing UI/UX experience using best practices for design that aim to remove friction and improve product discoverability while driving engagement with our digital products across lifecycle. This role requires a high degree of collaboration with other teams to plan and execute against shared goals, delivering seamless experiences across the mobile app, e-commerce website, retail and all lifecycle channels.
What You’ll Do
- Define and improve the user experience for high-traffic, consumer-facing native mobile, ecommerce web, and digital touch points.
- Cross-functional partnership with stakeholders across the DTC business to deliver end-to-end product features (discovery > design strategy > ideation > UX > visual design > prototyping > testing > production).
- Design iteratively. Capture feedback from stakeholders and revise designs accordingly.
- Adapt and improve the current UI/UX across ecommerce platforms to integrate new value propositions.
- Provide a seamless experience to merge content, product marketing and product details across the user journey.
- Drive the content improvement process of PDPs across digital platforms
- Clearly articulate design decisions in individual and group settings.
- Research existing and comparable designs and make recommendations based on analyses.
- Understand what our users are doing and why through collaboration with our Product and Growth Analytics team
- Focus on the big strategic picture while working in the trenches to get the work done at a fast pace.
- Create style guides and standards manuals as required.
- Produce final production assets.
- Document your work.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
What You Have
- Experience with consumer journey research as input to improve UX/UI
- 5+ years of experience leading product design, across several platforms
- Ability to tackle complex design problems for a heavy regulated business
- A portfolio showing your high quality, thoughtful UI and UX work
- Effective prototyping skills
- A track record of shipping phenomenal design, and an understanding of what details matter at each stage of the release cycle
- Extensive knowledge of mobile and desktop design patterns (and when to break them)
- Be a collaborative teammate, ability to partner with different functions
- This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phone
- Ability to use computer and calculator for 8 hours or more.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Selected candidate will be required to complete a post offer, pre-employment background check with the local law enforcement or San Jose Police.