Caliva is your friendly and trusted cannabis brand. We believe in wellness options that work for your lifestyle; in boosting your spirits and seeking adventure; in motivating the mind, steadying the body and being inspired to create. A true seed to sale company; we cultivate happy plants and happy people and strive to provide California with dependable cannabis options. As one of the largest cannabis companies in the state of California, we pride ourselves in our compliance, professionalism, commitment to quality, and positive atmosphere. We stand by our promise of consistency, transparency, and accessibility as Caliva’s brick and mortar retail footprint continues to expand into new cities and is growing rapidly through our online pickup and delivery service.
Join the Caliva team and become part of something exciting!
What You’ll Do
- Closely follow all SOPs to support the production of edibles such as gummies and mints.
- Ensure high accuracy in the packaging, labeling, and case packing of product into final consumer packaged goods.
- Maintaining highest level of food safety by cleaning and disinfecting food manufacturing area and all food preparation tools/equipment before and after each use.
- Work effectively as part of a larger team with excellent communication.
- Detail oriented and capable of performing quality control checks throughout the edibles production process.
- Flexibility needed in daily activities such as helping other departments and frequent rotation through product types.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
What You Have
- Embrace and demonstrate alignment with Caliva Values – Integrity, Positive Energy, Connectedness, Bias in Action, and Truth Seeking.
- Previous experience working in manufacturing facility with equipment.
- California Food Handler’s Certificate.
- Must maintain high level of personal hygiene.
- Cannabis experience a plus but not required.
This position will work in an indoor manufacturing facility with controlled temperatures; may be exposed to bright lighting, loud equipment, airborne particles, and moving mechanical parts.
- Work revolves around objectives, projects and priorities, not hours; Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and occasional overtime as needed.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift, sit, and bend for a majority of their work schedule.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Selected candidate will be required to complete a post offer, pre-employment background check with the San Jose Police Department.