Caliva is your friendly and trusted cannabis brand. We believe in wellness options that work for your lifestyle; in boosting your spirits and seeking adventure; in motivating the mind, steadying the body and being inspired to create. A true seed to sale company; we cultivate happy plants and happy people and strive to provide California with dependable cannabis options. As one of the largest cannabis companies in the state of California, we pride ourselves in our compliance, professionalism, commitment to quality, and positive atmosphere. We stand by our promise of consistency, transparency, and accessibility as Caliva’s brick and mortar retail footprint continues to expand into new cities and is growing rapidly through our online pickup and delivery service.
Join the Caliva team and become part of something exciting!
The Gardner position is responsible for assisting in the day to day activities in the cultivation division.
What You’ll Do
- Assist in cloning, transplanting, watering, pruning, transporting, trellising, and Integrated Pest Management for all cannabis crops.
- Monitor plants for changes in growth, health, etc.
- Practice proper sanitation techniques and ensure the cleanliness of the garden rooms.
- Perform Track & Trace functions and keep accurate records of plant movement and culling.
- Attend departmental meetings as required.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
What You Have
- Embrace and demonstrate alignment with Caliva Values – Integrity, Positive Energy, Connectedness, Bias in Action, and Truth Seeking.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to multitask.
- Must be able to adapt to a changing work environment.
- Provide adequate levels of support to cultivation division and other divisions as requested.
- Must be detail oriented and take direction well.
- Must have the ability to work as part of a team.
- At least entry-level knowledge of marijuana and related vocabulary and products offered is a plus.
- Must be reliable and dependable with good work ethic.
- Experience in using cannabis or gardening a plus.
- This position will work in an indoor manufacturing facility with controlled temperatures; may be exposed to bright lighting, loud equipment, airborne particles, and moving mechanical parts.
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and occasional overtime as needed.
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit, bend, lift, push, pull, talk and hear for a majority of their work schedule.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on a regular basis without assistance.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Selected candidate will be required to complete a post offer, pre-employment background check with the local law enforcement or San Jose Police Department.