Caliva is your friendly and trusted cannabis brand. We believe in wellness options that work for your lifestyle; in boosting your spirits and seeking adventure; in motivating the mind, steadying the body and being inspired to create. A true seed to sale company; we cultivate happy plants and happy people and strive to provide California with dependable cannabis options. As one of the largest cannabis companies in the state of California, we pride ourselves in our compliance, professionalism, commitment to quality, and positive atmosphere. We stand by our promise of consistency, transparency, and accessibility as Caliva’s brick and mortar retail footprint continues to expand into new cities and is growing rapidly through our online pickup and delivery service.
Join the Caliva team and become part of something exciting!
As the largest, most vertically integrated cannabis company in California we have a tremendous opportunity to drive value through innovation, integration, and expansion of our technology platforms. The Senior Director, Solutions Architect will be at the center of these transformations driving the architecture, development and deployment of software and systems solutions by collaboratively working across functions with the support of the Business Analysts and the Data architecture teams. You will lead a team of engineers building our e-commerce solutions, ERP-supported process acceleration and integrations with our technology partners. Given our rapid growth and complex statewide environment, this role is also charged with scalability and security of our cloud and premises-based systems. The Senior Director, Solutions Architect will be an experienced champion for practical adoption of new and emerging technologies to seize business opportunities.
What You’ll Do
- Through a collaborative process, defined business objectives and the strong ability to adapt to changing priorities this role will own the technology roadmap and its execution across our e-commerce website and app, open-source ERP deployment, and compliance reporting systems.
- Plan and manage the technical resources to support the most effective execution and support of the technology roadmap with agility and adaptability.
- Lead analysis of the business’ future-state capabilities and future (and current) IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend ROI-based solutions for improvement.
- Understand the business’ operational and financial levers and identifies technology-enabled innovation opportunities that drive the business strategy.
- Assess and continuously improve our Security Framework.
- Assure system-supported business continuity and disaster recovery through systems architecture, administrative oversight and documented plans.
- Continually improve effectiveness and efficiency of the DevOps program.
- Leads agile software development that seamlessly improves internal operations and our customers’ experience.
- Hire and train employees by applying high standards for selection and continued performance.
- Establishes clear and stretching goals, communicates and delegates key responsibilities, and actively utilizes all performance, development, and career tools to their full potential.
- Drive positive employee relations and deliver sustainable results through being a positive role model.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
What You Have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred; 10 years related experience may be considered.
- Deep experience in solution and technical architecture, application development, middleware, information analysis, database management or operations in a cloud/hybrid environment.
- Expertise in public cloud, digital and business ecosystems, SaaS, infrastructure as a service (IaaS), APIs, microservices, event-driven IT.
- Familiarity with information management practices, system development life cycle management, IT services management, agile and lean methodologies, infrastructure and operations, and EA and ITIL frameworks.
- Knowledge of business models, operating models, financial models, cost-benefit analysis, budgeting, and risk management.
- Understanding of the different types of agile principles, methodologies, and frameworks, especially those designed to be scaled at the enterprise level.
- Exceptional soft and interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and time manage.
- Must be able to adapt to a changing work environment.
- Experience working in a fast-paced work environment and able to adapt to demands of competing work priorities.
- Proven leadership and people management experience.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office, comfortability with various software and databases.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Cannabis experience or interest is a plus but not required.
- This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers and filing cabinets.
- Must be able to travel to other office locations.
- Work revolves around objectives, projects and priorities, not hours; must be able to work weekends, holidays, and occasional overtime as needed.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift, sit, and bend for a majority of their work schedule.
- Must be able to travel to other office locations.
- Ability to use a computer and calculator for 8 hours or more.
- Required to have a valid driver's license with acceptable driving history. Must have own transportation.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Selected candidate will be required to complete a post offer, pre-employment background check with the San Jose Police Department.