Caliva is your friendly and trusted cannabis brand. We believe in wellness options that work for your lifestyle; in boosting your spirits and seeking adventure; in motivating the mind, steadying the body and being inspired to create. A true seed to sale company; we cultivate happy plants and happy people and strive to provide California with dependable cannabis options. As one of the largest cannabis companies in the state of California, we pride ourselves in our compliance, professionalism, commitment to quality, and positive atmosphere. We stand by our promise of consistency, transparency, and accessibility as Caliva’s brick and mortar retail footprint continues to expand into new cities and is growing rapidly through our online pickup and delivery service.
Join the Caliva team and become part of something exciting!
The Sanitation Technician is responsible for creating and maintaining a clean and sanitized facility through removing debris, keeping all areas neat and tidy during the facility’s production shifts. You will work in a large manufacturing and processing facility with equipment in which chemicals will be used to complete the sanitation process. The Sanitation Technician must be able to work as a team and be willing to perform varying cleaning and sanitation tasks throughout the facility per managements direction safely and efficiently.
What You’ll Do
- General cleaning of the building and keeping it maintained and in good condition by emptying trash, sweeping, mopping, sanitizing, and cleaning surfaces.
- Clean and service restrooms with mops and disinfectants throughout the day.
- Clean and sanitize break room equipment, dust furniture, scrub surfaces clean.
- Use cleaning solutions to remove stains and clean surfaces.
- Work safely with the chemicals used in the cleaning process and ensure all chemicals are used at proper concentrations.
- Document and track cleaning and sanitation schedule, tasks, and frequency.
- Maintain all sanitation related equipment including but not limited to scrubbers, vacuums, tools, buckets, containers, and cleaning equipment to ensure they are sterile.
- Prevent cross contamination of cleaning equipment with work-in-progress, food contact surfaces or food contact packaging during sanitation procedures.
- Maintain inventory on cleaning chemicals
- Adheres to all company GMPs and Safety policies.
- Must be able to safely climb and work on ladders.
- Identify and report repairs.
- Perform occasional grounds duties around the outside of facility and parking lots.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
What You Have
- Embrace and demonstrate alignment with Caliva Values – Integrity, Positive Energy, Connectedness, Bias Towards Action, and Truth Seeking.
- High School Diploma/GED preferred but not required.
- Previous experience performing janitorial work preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of sanitation equipment, cleaning solutions, tools, and best practices.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to follow directions and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with other team members.
- Actively participate in plant safety processes and demonstrate safe work behaviors.
- Documentation and record keeping skills for tracking frequency and tasks related to cleaning.
- This position will work in an indoor manufacturing facility with controlled temperatures; will be exposed to cleaning chemicals and solutions, bright lighting, loud equipment, airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and in proximity with staff.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on a regular basis without assistance.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, sit, squat, bend, lift, push, pull, talk, and hear for extended periods of time.
- Work revolves around objectives, projects, and priorities.
- Flexible scheduling required for early morning and late evenings/night shifts.
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and occasional overtime as needed.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Selected candidate will be required to complete a post offer, pre-employment background check with the San Jose Police Department.