Caliva is your friendly and trusted cannabis brand. We believe in wellness options that work for your lifestyle; in boosting your spirits and seeking adventure; in motivating the mind, steadying the body and being inspired to create. A true seed to sale company; we cultivate happy plants and happy people and strive to provide California with dependable cannabis options. As one of the largest cannabis companies in the state of California, we pride ourselves in our compliance, professionalism, commitment to quality, and positive atmosphere. We stand by our promise of consistency, transparency, and accessibility as Caliva’s brick and mortar retail footprint continues to expand into new cities and is growing rapidly through our online pickup and delivery service.
Join the Caliva team and become part of something exciting!
*IMPORTANT TO KNOW*
As we continue to grow and expand our operation, we know we'll need more people to support the team as an Inventory Control Specialist.
We may not be actively hiring for the Inventory Control Specialist at the time you apply...
But we are ALWAYS accepting applications.
We sincerely appreciate your patience if you do not hear from us right away, but will update you regarding your application status through email as opportunities become available.
The Inventory Control Specialist is responsible for organizing, labelling, positioning and maintaining inventory at the assigned Inventory Location. In addition, the job responsibilities include ensuring inventory accuracy and availability using audit and cycle count techniques such that correct quantities are present in the Caliva IT systems.
What You’ll Do
- Lead cycle counts of assigned inventory lots and locations.
- Appropriately receive, label and place the product within the appropriate warehouse/retail location.
- Ensure that the information in IT systems reflects actual physical product inventory.
- Package product in boxes to ensure they are ready for movement within the premises or for distribution.
- Stage/Pick inventory for all outgoing orders and assists in put away process for finished goods.
- Confirm organization of inventory by ensuring material/product is in the correct location; conducts searches to locate misclassified inventory.
- Performs cycle counts of assigned inventory lots and locations.
- Participate in the review and solutioning of any inventory issues and maintains the proper documentation for resolution.
- Maintain Inventory Logs to process cycle counts, review on-hand inventory, current activity, and past activity.
- Flag or report inventory discrepancies of under/over amounts and/or QC discrepancies to direct supervisor.
- Maintain organization of inventory by ensuring material/product is in the correct location; conducts searches to locate misclassified inventory.
- Maintain and file any transfer documentation.
- Assist in the implementation of procedures to prevent errors.
- Complies with company policies and procedures and maintains regular work attendance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
What You Have
- Embrace and demonstrate alignment with Caliva Values – Integrity, Positive Energy, Bias to Action, Connectedness, Truth Seeking.
- College degree preferred but not required.
- 1 -3 years related experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to multitask and manage time efficiently.
- Must be able to adapt to a changing work environment.
- Provide adequate levels of support to internal stakeholders.
- Must be detail oriented and take direction well.
- Cannabis experience a plus but not required.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Must be reliable and dependable with a good work ethic.
This position will work in an indoor manufacturing facility or at a retail location with controlled temperatures; may be exposed to bright lighting, loud equipment, airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and works in close proximity with staff. Must be able to travel to other locations to receive training or support inventory needs.
This role requires 100% on-site presence.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift, sit, bend, push, pull, talk and hear for a majority of their work schedule.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on a regular basis without assistance.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to use computer and calculator for 8 hours or more.
- Must be able to travel to other office locations.
- Required to have a valid driver's license with acceptable driving history. Must have own transportation.
- Work revolves around objectives, projects and priorities, not hours. Occasional overtime required.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Selected candidate will be required to complete a post offer, pre-employment background check with the local law enforcement.