Caliva is your friendly and trusted cannabis brand. We believe in wellness options that work for your lifestyle; in boosting your spirits and seeking adventure; in motivating the mind, steadying the body and being inspired to create. A true seed to sale company; we cultivate happy plants and happy people and strive to provide California with dependable cannabis options. As one of the largest cannabis companies in the state of California, we pride ourselves in our compliance, professionalism, commitment to quality, and positive atmosphere. We stand by our promise of consistency, transparency, and accessibility as Caliva’s brick and mortar retail footprint continues to expand into new cities and is growing rapidly through our online pickup and delivery service.
Join the Caliva team and become part of something exciting!
The Sales Associate is focused on maintaining the best customer experience at all times by cultivating strong customer relationships based on knowledge and passion for the brand and products. The Sales Associate is responsible for welcoming Caliva customers, ensuring they are cared for, listening to their needs, and treating them with the utmost respect. Sales Associates evaluate the needs of our customers and offer information about our variety of products and their effects.
What You’ll Do
- Acknowledge every customer who enters the store with a welcoming disposition
- Demonstrate excellent customer service by creating a welcoming environment
- Provide customer assistance regarding our products and their effects
- Assist customers with selecting the products most appropriate for their needs
- Be a Caliva expert by remaining educated on new and existing products and promotions
- Keep display cases clean and ensure all product is fully represented and organized
- Maintain excellent housekeeping and organizational standards
- Stay informed of daily store goals and KPIs and commit to making a positive contribution
- Communicate effectively with all store leaders and team members and ask for assistance when needed
- Support the store experience by performing various operational tasks as needed
- Maintain professionalism in your appearance, attitude, and communication
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management
What You Have
- Embrace and demonstrate alignment with Caliva Values – Integrity, Positive Energy, Bias to Action, Connectedness, Truth Seeking
- Must be reliable and dependable with a good work ethic
- Familiarity with medical cannabis strains, products and effects
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to adapt to a changing work environment
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Entry-level knowledge of cannabis products and related vocabulary is preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1 – 2 years customer service experience; cannabis industry experience a plus
- This position will work in an indoor environment with a controlled temperature, may be exposed to bright lighting and loud equipment, and may have to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, talk and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must complete a background check including other requirements that may be city mandated