Caliva is your friendly and trusted cannabis brand. We believe in wellness options that work for your lifestyle; in boosting your spirits and seeking adventure; in motivating the mind, steadying the body and being inspired to create. A true seed to sale company; we cultivate happy plants and happy people and strive to provide California with dependable cannabis options. As one of the largest cannabis companies in the state of California, we pride ourselves in our compliance, professionalism, commitment to quality, and positive atmosphere. We stand by our promise of consistency, transparency, and accessibility as Caliva’s brick and mortar retail footprint continues to expand into new cities and is growing rapidly through our online pickup and delivery service.
Join the Caliva team and become part of something exciting!
The Machine Operator facilitates the use and assists in troubleshooting specialized equipment for teams assigned to the machinery during production. You will ensure all activities related to the machinery such as room organization, sanitation, machine calibration, and machine maintenance are followed at all times. The Machine Operator is responsible for providing proper safety, SOP, and quality control training to those assigned to the machine.
What You’ll Do
- Operates machinery within throughput and quality specifications.
- Helps write SOP and Maintenance procedures related to machinery.
- Follow standard operating procedures during production runs and ensure packaging technicians working on runs with them are following specifications.
- Ensures machinery is calibrated and well maintained with accurate record keeping.
- Keeps a sanitary & organized production space.
- Responsible for production quality control for units created on their machinery.
- Trouble shoot, repair, or arrange for repair of machinery.
- Attend departmental meetings as requested.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
What You Have
- Embrace and demonstrate alignment with Caliva Values – Integrity, Positive Energy, Connectedness, Bias in Action, and Truth Seeking.
- Minimum High School Diploma preferred, equivalent experience considered.
- 2+ years’ experience as a Machine Operator.
- Technically adept with machinery.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Skilled in following policies and procedures & standard operating procedures.
- Capable with computers to work with machine interfaces.
- Cannabis experience a plus but not required.
- This position will work in an indoor manufacturing facility with controlled temperatures; may be exposed to bright lighting, loud equipment, airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and working in close proximity with staff.
- Work revolves around objectives, projects and priorities, not hours; Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and occasional overtime as needed.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Some lifting, squatting, bending, pushing and pulling.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on a regular basis without assistance.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Selected candidate will be required to complete a post offer, pre-employment background check with the San Jose Police Department.