Caliva is your friendly and trusted cannabis brand. We believe in wellness options that work for your lifestyle; in boosting your spirits and seeking adventure; in motivating the mind, steadying the body and being inspired to create. A true seed to sale company; we cultivate happy plants and happy people and strive to provide California with dependable cannabis options. As one of the largest cannabis companies in the state of California, we pride ourselves in our compliance, professionalism, commitment to quality, and positive atmosphere. We stand by our promise of consistency, transparency, and accessibility as Caliva’s brick and mortar retail footprint continues to expand into new cities and is growing rapidly through our online pickup and delivery service.
Join the Caliva team and become part of something exciting!
The Post Harvest Associate is responsible for assisting in the activities in the cultivation department including: harvesting, handling, storage, processing, packaging, and transportation. You will also be responsible for equipment sanitization and sterilization as well as maintaining facilities cleanliness.
What You’ll Do
- Communicate with the Post Harvest Manager or Head of Cultivation to assess any needs.
- Keep detailed harvest records.
- Monitor quantity and quality of harvest crews work.
- Maintain efficiency, speed and quality of gardener's work.
- Help gardeners when grow is completed.
- Maintain and enforce policies and procedures.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
What You Have
- Embrace and demonstrate alignment with Caliva Values – Integrity, Positive Energy, Bias to Action, Connectedness, Truth Seeking.
- Provide adequate levels of support to cultivation division.
- Must be reliable and dependable with a good work ethic.
- Experience in using medical cannabis or gardening is a plus.
- Must have at least entry-level knowledge of cannabis related vocabulary and products offered.
- Ability to multitask and time manage.
- Must be able to adapt to a changing work environment.
- Must be detail oriented and take direction well.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- This position will work in an indoor manufacturing facility with controlled temperatures; may be exposed to bright lighting and loud equipment.
- Work revolves around objectives, projects, and priorities, not hours.
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and occasional overtime as needed.
- Must be able to use hands and fingers for pruning, cutting plants.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear. Some lifting, squatting, bending, pushing and pulling.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on a regular basis without assistance.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Selected candidate will be required to complete a post offer, pre-employment background check with the San Jose Police Department.