At Calibrate, we’re defining metabolic health as a new category, one that mirrors what the research shows—that weight reflects our biology, not our willpower. Our program was designed by world leaders in obesity and nutrition science to drive long-term weight loss in a way that’s proven to be impactful, realistic, and sustainable.
Obesity is America’s underlying pandemic, and science shows that lasting weight loss is driven by improving our metabolic health.
To bring Calibrate to everyone who needs it, we’re building the first direct-to-consumer telemedicine business within the healthcare ecosystem, aligning incentives for doctors, insurers, pharmaceutical companies, and consumers. By leveraging technology, Calibrate is closing the gap in care for 175mm American adults in a $600bn market where Americans spend millions of dollars and do not lose millions of pounds.
Our doctor-guided program defines a new standard of clinical care, bringing decades of academic research to everyone, everywhere. Calibrate combines FDA-approved metabolic medication with a holistic curriculum and 1:1 virtual coaching sessions that drive lasting behavior change. The result is a metabolic reset that delivers sustainable weight loss and success beyond the scale, with improved whole-body health that enables our members to embrace a new day-to-day.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a member of the Clinical Operations team at Calibrate, you will be focused on member support and outcomes. You will be responsible for preparing patients to see physicians, facilitating lab tests and paperwork as needed, and assisting with clinical and administrative duties as directed. Our number one objective is to deliver an incredible member experience!
- Ensure quality member experiences are consistently delivered following all local, state, and federal guidelines.
- Proactively reach out to members to ensure they are having a positive experience and seeing results.
- Respond to inquiries from members in a timely, professional, and empathetic manner.
- Take initiative to resolve and follow up on any member issues or questions.
- Work with insurance companies and pharmacies to ensure timely prescription fulfillment.
- Document all activities and updates across Calibrate systems, including our EHR and internal database.
- Develop and maintain cross-functional relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Solicit and respond to feedback from internal partners and continually seek opportunities to drive operational efficiency.
- Leverage data and customer insights to be a champion for our members.
You’re a great fit if you...
- Are patient, personable, and kind -- in writing, in person, on the phone, or on video.
- Have creative problem-solving skills that can be leveraged to empower others.
- Have experience in hospitality, member services, or customer support, ideally at an early-stage startup.
- Are a quick learner and comfortable using a variety of applications and software, which will include practice management systems, electronic health records, and related software; must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office, Gmail, Google Drive, and Slack.
- Are flexible and organized; flexibility to support change and organization to follow through.
- Have impeccable attention to detail
This is a high-growth opportunity to join a fast-paced startup; we’re looking for someone with a strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re changing the way the world treats weight -- and we need someone who is ready to change the world with us!
ABOUT OUR TEAM
Calibrate launched Summer 2020 and has raised $27.6mm in Seed and Series A funding from leading healthcare and consumer investors, including Threshold Ventures, Forerunner Ventures, and Redesign Health. Our team helped build businesses at the intersection of technology, consumer, and healthcare, including Athenahealth, Capsule, Harry’s, One Medical, Galileo, PillPack, Ro, Rent the Runway, and more. Our Clinical Advisors include Donna Ryan, the President of the World Obesity Federation, and Darriush Mozafarrian, cardiologist and Dean at the Tufts Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy.
Calibrate is committed to bringing together people from different backgrounds and perspectives to deliver real results for our members.
At Calibrate, we’re committed to our vision of putting our members and our teammates in control of their health. Some of our benefits include:
- Competitive salary, with opportunity for equity in an early stage, high growth business
- Generous paid time off
- Calibrate-funded health benefits (medical, dental, vision) - starting at zero cost to you
- One Medical membership and Teladoc virtual care
- Therapy on your time with three free months of Talkspace membership
- Health advocacy and assistance services through Health Advocate
- Commuter benefits, ClassPass memberships, and gym memberships for post-pandemic life
- NYC-based with opportunities to be fully remote
- Competitive Paid Parental Leave for parents
We’re in this together: We have an audacious mission, and we’re building a lot of things for the first time — from the first DTC pharma business within the healthcare ecosystem to the data infrastructure for providing real-world evidence in the largest category of chronic disease. It takes superpowers to build something simple and intuitive within the complex healthcare market, so we identify and work as a team from our individual points of strength. Not everyone has to be good at everything, but we know that when we harness what we’re each great at, we’re unstoppable.
Small wins create big wins: We ground every experience in optimism, recognizing and celebrating successes along the way. We break projects down into smaller components. And we focus on where we have momentum. We always plan for larger goals with the knowledge that our plans will evolve as we achieve smaller milestones.
You’re in control: While we’re headquartered in New York, we don’t let location stand in the way of the best talent — and from coaches to engineers, many of us are fully remote. Our business is multi-faceted, so each Calibrater is hired to be an expert in their piece of it — in control of their own initiatives, in control of their own impact, and in control of driving their own (real) results.
Real results matter: We’re obsessed with outcomes because when our members win, we win, and the data proves that we’ve built the best metabolic health program on the market. We’re purposeful, optimistic, and relentlessly confident that we can solve the biggest medical issue of the 21st century.
Calibrate recruits, employs, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law and as a matter of our company values.