Obesity is America’s underlying pandemic, and science shows that lasting weight loss is driven by improving our metabolic health.
At Calibrate, we’re defining metabolic health as a new consumer category, one that mirrors what the research shows—that weight reflects our biology, not our willpower. Our program was designed by world leaders in obesity and nutrition science to drive long-term weight loss in a way that’s proven to be impactful, realistic, and sustainable.
To bring Calibrate to everyone who needs it, we’re building the first direct-to-consumer telemedicine business within the healthcare ecosystem, aligning incentives for doctors, insurers, pharmaceutical companies, and consumers. By leveraging technology, Calibrate is closing the gap in care for 175mm American adults in a $600bn market where Americans spend millions of dollars and do not lose millions of pounds.
Our doctor-guided program defines a new standard of clinical care, bringing decades of academic research to everyone, everywhere. Calibrate combines FDA-approved metabolic medication with a holistic curriculum and 1:1 virtual coaching sessions that drive lasting behavior change. The result is a metabolic reset that delivers sustainable weight loss and success beyond the scale, with improved whole-body health that enables our members to embrace a new day-to-day.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Calibrate is looking for a highly analytical, data-driven, and creative lifecycle marketer to inspire deep engagement with our brand, drive efficient conversion of leads, and increase retention by building lasting relationships with our members. In this role, you will develop a strategic roadmap for lead and member engagement across platforms, including email, SMS, chat, in-app, and member referral, and will be responsible for end-to-end strategy, production, delivery, and performance of these channels. In addition, you will develop our approach to personalization and cohort management to ensure we are reaching the right people with the right messages at the right time.
This is a high-visibility role with the opportunity to have significant business impact. As a result, you will have frequent exposure to Calibrate’s executive team and collaborate closely with leaders across digital product, engineering, brand marketing and creative departments. Expect to be a player and a coach: while we are immediately looking for a high-performing individual contributor to jumpstart our lifecycle programs, you will also have the opportunity to build a small email and CRM team.
- Lead marketing strategy for leads and members via email, SMS, chat, in-app, referral programs, and other direct channels
- Own and develop automated and dynamic campaigns as well as campaigns around specific marketing moments
- Create and refine segmentation and personalization strategies to nurture leads and engage members with timely, relevant content
- Manage end-to-end email/text campaign operations in our ESP such as scheduling, production coordination, HTML coding, QA, deployment, deliverability, list quality / cleansing, and analysis
- Deploy a scalable framework for continuous A/B testing to improve lifecycle channel performance
- Lead development and implementation of strategic initiatives that drive retention and CLV
- Prioritize lifecycle roadmap, identifying and integrating email, retention, and loyalty best practices and emerging trends
- Develop and report on a clear set of KPIs evaluating channel performance, and identify actions to optimize and improve
- Act as a great cross-functional partner, collaborating with Calibrate’s digital product, engineering, brand marketing and creative teams to achieve our goals
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years hands-on experience in lifecycle marketing, customer retention, and/or email marketing-related roles with a proven track record of driving successful lead conversion and customer retention
- Extensive knowledge of email service provider (ESP) platforms and tools
- Well-versed in direct marketing fundamentals and email marketing best practices
- Thrive in a in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, with a bias for action
- Exceptional problem-solving and project management skills
- Experience working cross functionally with creative, brand marketing, and digital marketing teams
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS. SQL is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
ABOUT OUR TEAM
Calibrate launched Summer 2020 and has raised $27.6mm in Seed and Series A funding from leading healthcare and consumer investors, including Threshold Ventures, Forerunner Ventures, and Redesign Health. Our team helped build businesses at the intersection of technology, consumer, and healthcare, including Capsule, Oscar, One Medical, Galileo, Ro, Rent the Runway, Harry’s and more. Our Clinical Advisors include Donna Ryan, the President of the World Obesity Federation, and Darriush Mozafarrian, cardiologist and Dean at the Tufts Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy.
Calibrate is committed to bringing together people from different backgrounds and perspectives to deliver real results for our members.
Calibrate recruits, employs, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law and as a matter of our company values.
We’re in this together: We have an audacious mission, and we’re building a lot of things for the first time — from the first DTC pharma business within the healthcare ecosystem to the data infrastructure for providing real-world evidence in the largest category of chronic disease. It takes superpowers to build something simple and intuitive within the complex healthcare market, so we identify and work as a team from our individual points of strength. Not everyone has to be good at everything, but we know that when we harness what we’re each great at, we’re unstoppable.
Small wins create big wins: We ground every experience in optimism, recognizing and celebrating successes along the way. We break projects down into smaller components. And we focus on where we have momentum. We always plan for larger goals with the knowledge that our plans will evolve as we achieve smaller milestones.
You’re in control: While we’re headquartered in New York, we don’t let location stand in the way of the best talent — and from coaches to engineers, many of us are fully remote. Our business is multi-faceted, so each Calibrater is hired to be an expert in their piece of it — in control of their own initiatives, in control of their own impact, and in control of driving their own (real) results.
Real results matter: We’re obsessed with outcomes because when our members win, we win, and the data proves that we’ve built the best metabolic health program on the market. We’re purposeful, optimistic, and relentlessly confident that we can solve the biggest medical issue of the 21st century.