Obesity is America’s underlying pandemic, and science shows that lasting weight loss is driven by improving our metabolic health.
At Calibrate, we’re defining metabolic health as a new consumer category, one that mirrors what the research shows—that weight reflects our biology, not our willpower. Our program was designed by world leaders in obesity and nutrition science to drive long-term weight loss in a way that’s proven to be impactful, realistic, and sustainable.
To bring Calibrate to everyone who needs it, we’re building the first direct-to-consumer telemedicine business within the healthcare ecosystem, aligning incentives for doctors, insurers, pharmaceutical companies, and consumers. By leveraging technology, Calibrate is closing the gap in care for 175mm American adults in a $600bn market where Americans spend millions of dollars and do not lose millions of pounds.
Our doctor-guided program defines a new standard of clinical care, bringing decades of academic research to everyone, everywhere. Calibrate combines FDA-approved metabolic medication with a holistic curriculum and 1:1 virtual coaching sessions that drive lasting behavior change. The result is a metabolic reset that delivers sustainable weight loss and success beyond the scale, with improved whole-body health that enables our members to embrace a new day-to-day.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Calibrate is looking for an experienced growth marketer to lead our member acquisition, lifecycle marketing, and data and analytics teams. In this role, you will be equipped with a multi-million dollar budget to rapidly scale our full-funnel performance marketing program to the next level. You will develop sophisticated targeting strategies, expand and optimize our media channel mix, oversee lifecycle and CRM programs, and build our analytics toolkit to measure performance.
Furthermore, you will lead and grow an internal team across acquisition, lifecycle/retention, and data, and manage external agencies and consultants. The ideal candidate for this role has deep consumer direct marketing experience, relentlessly pursues execution and impact, and is also a great leader, coach, and collaborator.
This is a high-visibility role with the opportunity to grow and shape a critical business function. Expect to have significant exposure to Calibrate’s executive team and collaborate closely with leaders across digital product, engineering, brand marketing and creative.
- Set strategic and operational plans for the growth marketing function, including objectives, key results, resources, budgets, forecasts, and prioritization of initiatives
- Build a world-class growth team to drive full-funnel acquisition, lifecycle marketing, and data and analytics, with a defined approach on when to build in-house vs. outsource
- Lead marketing calendar development and campaign planning and briefing for performance-based initiatives
- Oversee performance of all digital and offline acquisition marketing channels, including paid social, paid search, SEO, display, radio and streaming audio, TV and OTT, direct mail, influencer marketing, affiliates and more
- Oversee lifecycle marketing strategy for leads and members via email, SMS, chat, in-app, referral programs, and other direct channels
- Partner with digital product on the customer journey, including landing page creation, user testing, and conversion rate optimization
- Identify, track and measure KPIs to drive efficient and scaleable growth, including member growth, CAC, CLV, and their underlying drivers
- Partner with finance team members to build financial forecasts based on different budget and efficiency scenarios
- Develop a Marketing tech stack to ensure Calibrate has visibility and insight into the customer journey to take our growth to the next level
- Act as a great cross-functional partner, collaborating with Calibrate’s digital product, engineering, finance, operations, brand marketing and creative teams to achieve our goals
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
- 7+ years hands-on experience in performance marketing disciplines, such as customer acquisition, lifecycle / retention, data and analytics
- Prior experience growing a digitally-native consumer business from 0 to 1
- Experience working on products with complex customer journeys is a plus
- Superb managerial and mentorship skills - you’re a talent magnet who can recruit and retain top talent
- Exceptional analytical skills and fluency in distilling, structuring, and presenting data
- Passion for problem-solving - from high-level strategic questions to the nitty gritty
- Thrive in a in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, with a bias for action
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
ABOUT OUR TEAM
Calibrate launched Summer 2020 and has raised $27.6mm in Seed and Series A funding from leading healthcare and consumer investors, including Threshold Ventures, Forerunner Ventures, and Redesign Health. Our team helped build businesses at the intersection of technology, consumer, and healthcare, including Capsule, Oscar, One Medical, Galileo, Ro, Rent the Runway, Harry’s and more. Our Clinical Advisors include Donna Ryan, the President of the World Obesity Federation, and Darriush Mozafarrian, cardiologist and Dean at the Tufts Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy.
Calibrate is committed to bringing together people from different backgrounds and perspectives to deliver real results for our members.
Calibrate recruits, employs, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law and as a matter of our company values.
We’re in this together: We have an audacious mission, and we’re building a lot of things for the first time — from the first DTC pharma business within the healthcare ecosystem to the data infrastructure for providing real-world evidence in the largest category of chronic disease. It takes superpowers to build something simple and intuitive within the complex healthcare market, so we identify and work as a team from our individual points of strength. Not everyone has to be good at everything, but we know that when we harness what we’re each great at, we’re unstoppable.
Small wins create big wins: We ground every experience in optimism, recognizing and celebrating successes along the way. We break projects down into smaller components. And we focus on where we have momentum. We always plan for larger goals with the knowledge that our plans will evolve as we achieve smaller milestones.
You’re in control: While we’re headquartered in New York, we don’t let location stand in the way of the best talent — and from coaches to engineers, many of us are fully remote. Our business is multi-faceted, so each Calibrater is hired to be an expert in their piece of it — in control of their own initiatives, in control of their own impact, and in control of driving their own (real) results.
Real results matter: We’re obsessed with outcomes because when our members win, we win, and the data proves that we’ve built the best metabolic health program on the market. We’re purposeful, optimistic, and relentlessly confident that we can solve the biggest medical issue of the 21st century.