JOB TITLE: Senior Accountant REPORTS TO: Manager of Accounting
DEPARTMENT: Accounting FLSA STATUS: Full-Time; Exempt
The Senior Accountant is responsible for supporting the month-end close process and financial statement preparation. This role is responsible for applying generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements and maintaining internal controls over financial reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares and analyzes the P&L
- Works with department heads to assist with budgeting and forecasting.
- Performs month-end accounting responsibilities including journal entries, accruals, prepaids and other general accounting within month end close timeline.
- Assists with monthly MD&A report and assists with quarterly schedules for board package.
- Prepares assigned balance sheet account reconciliations monthly.
- Periodically reviews invoice coding to ensure accuracy.
- Assists with annual audit procedures.
- Performs periodic ad-hoc reporting and analysis.
- Perform monthly intercompany reconciliation in coordination with corporate entity.
- Act as backup to ERP Administrator to manage change requests including testing of code changes and validating the impact to the accounting system
- Supports other accounting team members with training as needed
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance or similar field.
- 4+ years’ experience accounting or similar field.
- CPA Preferred.
- Strong understanding of general accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Demonstrate a proficient level of professional skill and/or knowledge in accounting and keep current with developments and trends. Knowledge and ability to use applicable information technology and systems to meet work needs.
- Ability to monitor and collect data to assess accuracy and integrity; analyze data; ensure compliance with applicable standards (i.e. GAAP), rules, regulations and systems of internal control.
- High level of interpersonal skills with demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy. Must be able to maintain the integrity of confidential information.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail Oriented.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Team player and can collaborate with other teams in the organization.
- Excel Proficient with demonstrated ability in use of pivot tables and complex formulas (VLookup, Sumif, Index/Match).
- Required QuickBooks Online experience; SAP Concur experience a plus.
- System implementation experience a plus.
- Proficient in PowerPoint, MS Word and Outlook