JOB TITLE: Business Development Representative REPORTS TO: Business Development Director
DEPARTMENT: Business Development FLSA STATUS: Full-Time; Non-exempt
Primary responsibility is on new business development – sourcing and securing new client relationships for our locum tenens division with a medical specialty focus. Secondary responsibility is maintaining those relationships to maximize growth opportunities while maintaining and generating new activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Drive new and existing sales activity with a sense of urgency by prospecting by telephone, email, social media and industry conferences to hospitals, hospital systems, outpatient facilities, and all other healthcare client types
· Build and maintain a book of business with US healthcare organizations in various specialties by identifying target accunts through executing a collaborative business development strategy.
· Cultivate relationships with decision makers in client organizations (e.g., Chief Medical Officer, Department Directors, Medical Director, CEO, and CFO) to secure new business, new client accounts and to maximize the value delivered by HCLT.
· On-going management and development of personal sales pipeline, forecast accuracy, account planning and maintaining account detail in CRM platform.
· Support all stages of the sales process, maintaining sales control and guiding internal teams to collaborate and rally around solutions to meet or exceed identified sales targets.
· Act as a steward for good business and grow the client relationship by ensuring flawless execution, including cross-functional collaboration with specialty teams outside target market.
· Act as a trusted advisor to clients and prospects by demonstrating a deep understanding of their business (e.g. staffing shortages due to looming retirements or change in staffing, permanent staff burn out, etc.) and offer solutions utilizing persuasive win themes and effective sales strategies
· Negotiate pricing and terms within acceptable guidelines outlined by management.
· As needed, build initial job orders accurately and thoroughly within CRM system
· Able to work cross-functionally with relevant departments to troubleshoot and resolve issues as needed.
· Partner with Recruitment team to identify ways to increase submittals to client accounts.
· Communicate with Finance department to ensure proper documentation is provided to correctly bill the client
· Collaborate with marketing department representatives on lead generation strategies and tactics.
· Monitor customer satisfaction regularly through quality metrics and client feedback.
· Perform other duties and responsibility as assigned.
- BA/BS degree and previous sales experience is required.
- 3-5 years’ experience, including a minimum 2 years of sales experience or the equivalent job relevant work experience required
- 2+ pervious Locum Tenens healthcare staffing or relevant experience is highly preferred.
- Highly motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to develop a compelling value proposition, develop effective proposals and presentations with decision makers.
- Proven ability to initiate, develop and grow C-level and senior relationships within target client organizations; influence purchase and buying decisions.
- Expert sales acumen, critical thinking skills, ability to be solution oriented, drive to “win” and executive presence.
- Proven experience building excellent client relationships, offering value added, insightful and strategic insight into their workforce management challenges.
- Knowledge of the full life cycle sales process from prospecting to close, prescribes to funnel management.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, highly responsive, and customer focused with solid process orientation.
- Demonstrate adaptability to demanding business environment with changing business priorities and ability to perform outstanding work under compressed time pressures.
- Proficient in organizational skills and able to efficiently handle multiple tasks while working independently of close supervision.
- Travel required – assume up to 5-10% annually.
- Must have proven, strong phone, written and verbal communication skills.