Founded in 2019, Cake DeFi is a leading decentralised finance services provider and Southeast Asia’s fastest growing fintech platform. "We Do Crypto. You Do You." - Our vision is to become a one-stop platform for all crypto users to get easy access to DeFi and Web3 services. To date, more than 1 million users from over 190 countries trust us to manage over $1 billion in assets. We are a profitable, cashflow positive private rocket ship that's just getting ready for take-off. Join us.
Who we are looking for-
We are looking for a motivated, entrepreneurial and inquisitive Junior Legal Counsel to join our rapidly growing Legal, Risk and Compliance Group at South-east Asia’s fastest growing Web3 company. As a member of our legal team, you will be at the forefront of the legal web3 space and have the opportunity to develop an exciting career as a trailblazer in this exciting and rapidly growing industry.
What you'll do-
- Support and advise on multiple areas of the business, including: corporate secretarial, commercial, regulatory, fund raising, M&A, data privacy, IP, product, AML/ KYC and business development matters.
- Work cross-functionally to identify, analyze and mitigate legal and regulatory risks related to the introduction of new products. Assist with regulatory compliance, including AML/KYC obligations and data protection laws.
- Participate in the ongoing development of the regulatory advisory function and provide updates to the latest crypto regulations globally.
- Review, update and draft user agreements, and other external facing terms and conditions, leveraging external advisors and providers where appropriate.
- Maintain and organize the legal team's virtual data room and minute book.
- Advise on corporate governance and company secretarial matters.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in the cryptocurrency industry and related laws and regulations.
What you'll need-
- A law degree from a recognized and accredited institution, admitted to a common law jurisdiction with prior fintech/M&A/finance/regulatory/capital markets experience.
- At least 1-3 years PQE, mix of reputable law firm and in-house experience, crypto experience is a bonus.
- Comfortable with operating in gray areas and interpreting and applying the law in unsettled contexts.
- Ability to work independently in a team in a fast paced and growing startup environment.
- Willing to serve as both a legal advisor and a business partner to the team.
- Exposure and the desire to dive deep into the world of crypto and decentralized finance.
We want to transform and decentralise finance with tomorrow’s technology. This is where you come in. Join a company that is at the forefront of bleeding-edge innovations in blockchain and DeFi. You will be empowered to push boundaries and think out of the box. You will get to work with a bunch of ridiculously motivated and talented people. And most importantly, you'll have fun. The best places to work at, are often also the most fun to work at. That's us.
We hire based on merit, fit, and strong alignment to our culture. Our culture is defined by 7 team principles: Integrity, Resourcefulness, Ownership, Meritocratic Decision-making, Customer Obsession, Radical Candour, and Passion. These 7 principles guide our company, our people, and our work. At Cake DeFi, our culture is our pride. It has been instrumental to our success, so we are steadfast in our commitment to it. We welcome you to add to it.