Founded in 2019, Cake DeFi is a leading decentralised finance services provider and Southeast Asia’s fastest growing fintech platform. "We Do Crypto. You Do You." - Our vision is to become a one-stop platform for all crypto users to get easy access to DeFi and Web3 services. To date, more than 1 million users from over 190 countries trust us to manage over $1 billion in assets. We are a profitable, cashflow positive private rocket ship that's just getting ready for take-off. Join us.
About the team
The Finance team is made up of professionals supporting a wide spectrum of Cake DeFi’s financial management functions. Being one of the key pillars of the organization, the team oversees financial operations (accounts payable and receivable, record keeping, fixed assets tracking), planning and analysis (management reporting), regulatory compliance and reporting (annual audit, financial statements filing and tax compliance), and treasury management. We also work closely with other functional departments to support strategic decision making, accountability of customer funds, and leverage extensive experience to provide valuable insights to the organization’s executive team. In this rapidly developing industry, the Finance team is responsible for ensuring that the organization stays up-to-date on the latest regulations, industry standards, and internal control best practices to allow the organization to adapt to changing market conditions and emerging trends. If managing the books of a fast growing fintech company that is at the forefront of revolutionizing (decentralized) finance is what you are looking for, apply to join us now!
What you'll do
- Corporate tax compliance, integration with financial reporting for statutory filings
- GST/VAT compliance and reporting
- International tax compliance matters, especially in relation to Singapore, Europe, Middle East, UK, US regions
- Preparation of transfer pricing documentation, managing intra-group transactions to ensure that finance operations are in line with stipulated policies
- Tax planning and advisory to support business restructurings and M&A projects
- Crypto asset taxes - GST/VAT, CRS, CARF, and relevant international tax compliance matters
- Support finance operations and reporting function including AP/AR/GL, preparation of schedules and reporting processes
- Support internal/external audit and compliance activities including regulatory applications and filings
- Business partnering to advise on tax implications and regulatory developments surrounding existing and/or new products
- Work on process improvement projects, including drafting of policies and procedures
- Work with BI tools - Tableau, SQL knowledge will be a plus
What you’ll need
- Degree in accounting/finance/banking from reputable universities, Singapore Chartered Tax Professional/Chartered Accountant/Certified Public Accountant is preferred
- 3 years of relevant experience, prior experience working in Big 4 is advantageous
- Strong tax technical background, coupled with analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability and interest to be up-to-date with technical and industry developments, especially surrounding regulatory updates (e.g. IRAS, OECD, MAS)
- Experience in financial services, fintech, or crypto industry will be a plus
- Good English written and verbal communication skills, with report drafting experience
- Proficient in MS Excel - lookups, pivot tables, conditional formulas
- Self-driven, meticulous, organized, team player
- Willingness to adapt, be versatile, and take on tasks outside of pre-defined job scope to solve problems
- Passionate about the crypto industry
We want to transform and decentralise finance with tomorrow’s technology. This is where you come in. Join a company that is at the forefront of bleeding-edge innovations in blockchain and DeFi. You will be empowered to push boundaries and think out of the box. You will get to work with a bunch of ridiculously motivated and talented people. And most importantly, you'll have fun. The best places to work at, are often also the most fun to work at. That's us.
We hire based on merit, fit, and strong alignment to our culture. Our culture is defined by 7 team principles: Integrity, Resourcefulness, Ownership, Meritocratic Decision-making, Customer Obsession, Radical Candour, and Passion. These 7 principles guide our company, our people, and our work. At Cake DeFi, our culture is our pride. It has been instrumental to our success, so we are steadfast in our commitment to it. We welcome you to add to it.