Cajal is seeking a Research Associate motivated by Cajal’s mission to develop new medicines for patients with neurodegenerative disorders. Our team members thrive on getting things done, and eagerly navigate the uncertainty of an ever-changing and fast-paced environment in a pre-clinical biotech company. As a Research Associate at Cajal, you will assist in the production of genetic tools and apply these tools to evaluate markers of neurodegenerative disease in rodent models. These tasks will support the translational models and biomarkers team, an integral part of our platform to find new therapeutic targets in neurodegenerative disease progression.
- rAAV production and validation
- Sectioning and processing of brain samples using histological techniques
- Imaging using fluorescence microscopy
- Evaluating markers of neurodegenerative disease in rodent models
This job might be great for you if you:
- have cell culture or molecular biology experience
- have experience with tissue sectioning, immunohistochemistry/immunofluorescence, and fluorescence microscopy,
- have a working knowledge of rodent neuroanatomy,
- are detail-oriented and thrive in a highly collaborative, team-oriented startup environment,
- love working in the lab, are organized, and take pride in your work,
- have a BA/BS or equivalent in a biology-related field.
Cajal is a well-funded team of experienced scientists looking to solve one of the most vexing problems in drug discovery: how to model and treat complex diseases of the brain. We are applying high throughput microscopy, functional genetic screening, and multi-omics approaches to identify new drug targets and therapeutics for neurodegenerative diseases.
Medical, dental, & vision coverage with competitive compensation based on experience level.
Cajal Neuroscience is an equal opportunity company. We believe we are a team of people first, and we do our best to make sure all of our team members feel supported and connected at work. Come join us in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.